*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773945-Feb-5
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#773945 added February 5, 2013 at 5:58pm
Restrictions: None
Feb 5
OH My I have failed again. At least as far as keeping this journal up.  I did however finish my novel and its first revision. Already I've thought of something I missed tying up. That I will do in the epilogue or in an addendum chapter somewhere. It make take a long chapter, but then it may just need a conversation about the police follow up.  I printed it and gave it to my mother and she is reading it now. So far she likes it and says it is interesting.
I am wondering about working on the last novel I wrote. Taking out the suitcase and the girl seems a great idea. I just don't know where to start the story. How does one give the main characters background, which is important. What is really important is the change from a devote Muslim Insurgent to someone that had a change of heart. Then to be confronted with an incident that forces him to make a choice. Allow four men he knows are suicide bombers wreak havoc in an airport which will include killing the very people who opened his eyes to a new life.  What he does affects a lot of people.
Note: I just found out my husband will be driving within a few hundred miles of the very place I picked as the setting of my book, The Vanishing of Katherine Sullivan. I told him to take pictures of the towns he passes through to get a better flavor of the area.


             

© Copyright 2013 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773945-Feb-5