*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/775076
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1917452
My Blog for a special Valentine's Day Contest
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#775076 added February 16, 2013 at 8:26am
Restrictions: None
Love Conquers All. . .
So at last we come to the end of our extravaganza, and, as Cindy promised, we have not done anything XGC rated. I hope that you have found it enlightening, as well as profound (not to mention extravagant.) Failing that, I just hope you didn't think it sucked.

Cindy has asked that we close this out by answering the question of whether Love Conquers All.

You know, sometimes I think it does, but more in an internal way, then an external way. Love is actually one of the easier emotions to come up with. You see a beautiful person, or a little girl, or a puppy dog, and you feel love. Contrast that with hatred where you don't really feel it until you've spent a great deal of time ruminating on some really terrible thing that someone did to you, and then just when you're built up to the point where you can let that awful person have it, hatred fails you and you can't go through with it.

So Yeah. I guess love does conquer all, but that's not to say that it can solve your problems. In fact, there are times when hatred solves problems a lot better then love, but you can never feel hatred when you need it.

Getting off the topic a little, but I will get back to it eventually, I have just entered a contest called the Original Character Tournament. It involves submitting an audition character and explaining what the character is doing there. I won't know whether I'm in the contest until March, but I have received some excellent informal feedback on my audition. As I read through some of my competitors, I notice that most of them are characters motivated by hatred or greed or some such thing. I'm kind of proud of the fact that I'm using a character motivated by love, which I think may be what so many of the informal reviewers find endearing. That said, there are others who have written good characters, not the least of which is my Fellow Flaming Pharoah (try saying that five times fast), Calvin. It will be interesting if Calvin and I go up against each other sometme in the coming months.

Ah Well. . .Time to close,

With Love,







The King Signature<

The King Signature

© Copyright 2013 Weirdone-Back in the games (UN: weirdone28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Weirdone-Back in the games has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/775076