*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776395-Being-brave----my-fourth-value
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#776395 added March 2, 2013 at 4:16am
Restrictions: None
Being brave -- my fourth value
I spent part of this week revisiting an entry I made last year. One in which I clarified some strong attributes that give my life purpose.Those attributes, which I'd like to see more in my life are: Compassion, Appreciation, and Justice. When I feel strongly about something, it is due to one or more of these qualities being served. Now I think I will add one more. One which I think will help me be attuned more to making the first three truly valued. Bravery.

I need to be brave and tackle some situations in life as a braver person. I need to step outside of the comfort zone that has been conditioned upon me by numerous influences, and instead march forward in the pursuit of Compassion, Appreciation and Justice from the view of my own experiences and needs. Ideas have been imposed on me, rote rules, and I do not know if those in my life that controlled through fear realized,or just never felt strongly enough to be guided by loving principles?

At the retirement of a co-worker who always seemed joyous and treated all of us as very precious, I listened as she held me in a warm embrace. She said something I'd never heard from her before, and yet it was so clear that it was meant for me, she said, "You keep soldiering on." She repeated it in several different ways. It surprised me, because it was describing something of how she'd come to see me every day -- something in the way I show up. Maybe she was telling me I am already brave. A brave soldier? Maybe courage is the only description most have for someone who has a noticeable disability, but shows up for work anyway. But that explanation would be trite, and that is one thing I know Ruby is not.Sincerity has to be her middle name. So instead, I will definitely take in what she said to me, but only as I felt it. Warm and wonderful. That's the type of bravery I need to use. Being brave enough to feel and act compassionately. Brave in every attempt to appreciate life's challenges and appreciate the people who'll help get us through some of them. Bravely forward-thinking so as to see Justice done in the world and for the world. And brave enough to let people know on a daily basis, through my writing or in all the things I say and do, what it is I value.

Even if it is not lofty everyday, like that, being brave enough to explore areas of my creativity that I've previously blocked myself from expressing.

© Copyright 2013 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776395-Being-brave----my-fourth-value