*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779591-Episode-7-Archimedes-and-the-King
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#779591 added April 4, 2013 at 12:12am
Restrictions: None
Episode 7: Archimedes and the King
Archimedes and the King


Archimedes was down in the bathhouse when the summons arrived and had just gotten into the hot water. He was soaking in a tub, filled to the brim, with his ankles propped up on one end.

For the uninitiated allow me to elucidate that the pleasures of the bath also drew certain unnamed professionals, who traded in the full range of earthly pleasures. So don’t be shocked as I relate that a young, buxom, bare chested maiden was massaging his feet. Archimedes was trying to pinch one of her “You know whats,” with his big and second toe as he squirmed with delight. As the pleasure neared its zenith he slid deeply forward on his buttocks and his head almost disappeared beneath the surface, displacing a large amount of water onto the floor.


“I had no idea,” Dunazad interrupted, “that foot rubbing could be so pleasurable.”

"Would you like me to demonstrate?" asked the Sultan.

The young girl blushed and her sister gave a dirty look.

"Perhaps some other time," she replied.

“May I continue?” asked Scheherazade

The King motioned her thus.

As he sputtered for air, his servant entered, telling of the King’s summons. The Great Man hurriedly climbed out, dressed and gave these instructions.

“I’ll return in an hour,” he said with a wink. “Have the tub full, so you can finish our business.”

With that he hastened to his Soverign.

“I’ve called you," said the King, “because I’m faced with a perplexing problem. I’ve a beautiful crown which I’d thought to be made of purest gold but now question the truth of it..”

“You think it might be mixed with something else?”

“Yes, exactly and I’m told that to find out I must melt it down--- something I’m loath to do.”

“I understand completely, Sire.”

“So, I wanted you to take a look and perhaps put my suspicions to rest.”

My eyes are no keener than yours, Oh Great One, and even if they were, the answer is not to be found through inspection.

“So then, there’s no other way?”

“I didn’t say that, Your Magnificence. Let me think on the matter and return when I've found a solution.”

---And so Archimedes returned to the bathhouse. As he walked the cobblestones of the great city he looked detached and anyone noting his presence, would have seen a man lost in thought.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779591-Episode-7-Archimedes-and-the-King