*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780126-Episode-13--The-Outcomes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#780126 added April 9, 2013 at 9:19am
Restrictions: None
Episode 13: The Outcomes

A week later the Sultan’s Vizier returned looking tired.

“Tell me of your travels,” inquired the King.

“We went far beyond the Euphrates, conducting the trials you commanded. Particularly difficult was finding a dead and living twin but we managed it and conducted the test as you set forth.”

“And what were your findings?”

“Almost exactly as you predicted. The panel was able to distinguish between the living and the dead twin. In the second, the observers rank ordered the spirited children, with an amazing consistency, and for the most part the two-year-old boys and girls chose the sword and the flowers as you predicted they would.”

“Can you be more specific?”

“All the ten panel members correctly identified the living and dead woman.”

“Go on.”

“With only minor variations the lists of the spirited children showed the same ranking.”

“Yes.”

“And in eighteen of the twenty trials the boy children chose the sword and the girls the flowers. In one trial for each gender, this was not the case.”

“Very well. The proofs are not absolute beyond the shadow of doubt but are meeting the reasonable doubt standard.”

“We’re in agreement.”

“Since you’ve been thinking a lot of late about spirits, describe for me, as best you can, how they manifest themselves.”

“A spirit is amorphous like a cloud. It is like a mist that rises as the morning fog from a river or the sweet smell of freshly cut hay the scent of which is carried by a breeze.”

“Yet a cloud, a mist or a scent is like a gas that is one of the three elemental forms a state of nature can take.”

“Yes, for example moisture can come in the form of a foggy mist, snow and ice, or the water in a pool. “

“These are all different states of the same thing that exist in our world.”

“Yes, however, to conceptualize something we must use the senses at our disposal and while a spirit is none of these, it is most like a gas.”

“Elusive and invisible?”

“Yes, we can’t sense a spirit.”

“Yet the spirit can sense us.”

“Yes.

“How is this possible if a spirit has no senses?”

“Because it simply KNOWS, as we sometimes form an intuition that we can’t attribute to any particular sense.”

“So at conception this amorphous something, which KNOWs in ways we can’t describe, enters the womb. “

“Yes.”

“Whereupon it acquires the ability to sense as we do?”

“Yes, and it loses the KNOWINGNESS it brought with it, except for that elusive vestige we call INTUITION.”

“So it would seem.”

“And when we die it returns to the place from whence it came and reacquires the KNOWINGNESS it had to begin with, but lost… once it was conceived and found itself bound and shackled into a living human being?”

“This I believe to be true.”

“Now you said earlier, that the spirit of a woman is the child of darkness while the spirit of a man is the child of light.”

“This is generally acknowledged. A woman was formed from the rib of man, which is elemental, while man was created after GOD ordained, ‘Let there be light.’

“So a woman is inclined to the earth and forces that are dark and elemental, buffeted by the wind and rain and driven to seek shelter in caves, while a man is inclined to the out doors, fresh air and warm sunshine? “

“So I have often noted.”

“Thus to prove this, we could place a group of equal gender is a room on a rainy day and when the sun comes out, record who leaves the room first.”

“This would be an easy test to perform.”

“Then do it and report to me the outcome you observed. “

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780126-Episode-13--The-Outcomes