*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780333-Tattoo---Why
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1918671
O'siyo Oginalii Tsilugi - Hello friends - Welcome - to My first blog. A place to share.
#780333 added April 11, 2013 at 5:19pm
Restrictions: None
Tattoo --Why?
Todays prompt: Tattoos: Hmmmmmmmmmm

Well to begin with, personally, I hate them! I think they are ugly and very degrading to the body.
However, if that is what a person wishes to do. They should not be ostracized for doing so. Tattoos can mean a lot of things, ranging from boredom to a cry for help. Including love and the desire to feel a part of the elite.

Take prisoners for example, (I use to work as a RN in a state prison) they would have their #1 cell tattooer do art work of the gang they were associated with, their home town, or their sweetheart (they thought) who was waiting patiently, until their release. It could only be done in black/blue ink because they only had access to ink pens and dirty needles. It is very easy to spot a jail house tattoo. Did you know that every tear that is tattooed under the eye is a murder they have committed?

Then we have the gang members. Take for example the gang I have mention in my novel. The Mara Salvatrucha. Now there is an example of not having to wear clothes because every inch of the torso, arms, neck, and face is "artistically" decorated.

Then we have the stupid people. Namely my son and my middle daughter. My son had the of his daughter tattooed on his arm. What is wrong with that? You ask. Well now he is reminded daily of how he screwed his relationship with her (she is now 18) and the thing he is married to hates it. My daughter got one when she was in grade school and begged me to get it removed. I did. Now she is left with a horrible scar and bears two on her back, one on her leg and arm.

A friend of mine has one on her hip of a rose. She states it is because if in the event she is in a plane crash, she could be identified.- Hmmmmmmmmmm!

I don't have one, nor do I want one.

I don't want to offend anybody and that certainly not my intent. It just how I feel on the subject.


© Copyright 2013 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780333-Tattoo---Why