*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780541-Episode-18--Conducting-the-Trial
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#780541 added April 15, 2013 at 10:20pm
Restrictions: None
Episode 18: Conducting the Trial
The news of the upcoming trial spread through the Palace like wildfire and then into the city and throughout the realm. Everyone discussed the problem, facts, assumptions and methodology. For many it was a first time learning experience. As the day approached many visitors came from afar to wish the king well or to gloat, as some are always prone to do, thinking the process a bunch of nonsense and doomed to failure. Sultan Shahryar, for his part stood aloof but secretly encouraged all the speculation and gossip. He knew if the outcome turned out as he predicted it would catapult his fame into the legend.

So when the portentous day rolled around huge crowds surrounded the palace and extra guards had to be called in to maintain order. With a flourish of banners and blowing of bugles, El Bourke and Fatima strode proudly up the stairs into the inner sanctum. Shortly thereafter the Sultan and Scheherazade arrived and followed.

There were two rooms erected next to one another. One room was enclosed and the other had no roof. In each was a bed and on a raised dais, stood a magnificent chair. Around the two structures circled a high wall to insure absolute privacy. This was, after all, to be a deeply personal union between a man and his wife. Outside, the Vizier waited with his hourglass and gong.

As the subjects of the trial arrived they pushed through crowd and entered the Sanctuary. El Bourke took Fatima and led her to the bed in the dark room and assumed his seat. Sultan Shahryar took Scheherazade to the bed in the room ablaze with light. He kissed his wife lovingly. When the sands showed the appointed hour the Vizier struck the gong. The participants donned their blindfolds and gags, except for the Sultan.

He proceeded into the dark room and took El Bourke by the arm, leading him to the bed of Scheherazade. Then he went into the dark room. When the gong sounded a second time both husbands mounted and copulated with the women beneath them. After less than a half hour, the gong was struck a third time. The Sultan arose and went to the lighted room and collected El Bourke and guided him back to his seat in the dark room. Then he returned, taking his own place, overlooking his wife. The gong sounded a final time and everyone removed the gags and blindfolds. The Sultan thanked the participants and exhaled with a huge sigh of relief.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780541-Episode-18--Conducting-the-Trial