*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781069-Boston-Marathon-Bombing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#781069 added April 21, 2013 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
Boston Marathon Bombing

Most everyone who followed the terror incident in Boston knows the younger of the two suspects was taken into custody and is currently in the hospital. Where the matter is going from here is important because it sets a precedent for how similar situations will be handled in the future.

What needs to happen is that the suspect be interrogated to determine what he knows about a possible international connection. His brother left the country for about six months traveling to Russia. There is also a possibility that the two were influenced or controlled by a terrorist element in the United States. These threads need to be explored prior to a reading of Miranda Rights.

The worst-case scenario is that he be Mirandized, given a lawyer and the lawyer tell him to remain silent about anything that pertains to the case. If that happens there will be no further progress in determining a foreign connection.

Next what will happen is his lawyer will allow his client to be questioned on the foreign connection in return for taking the death penalty off the table.

Thus it is important that he be interrogated before being Mirandized and turned over to the criminal justice system.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781069-Boston-Marathon-Bombing