*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782075-May-6
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1913913
WRITTEN FOR THE CIRCLE
#782075 added May 6, 2013 at 9:37pm
Restrictions: None
May 6
Have you ever had a random encounter or fleeting moment with a stranger that stuck with you?





She didn't even notice me riding the bus just two seat behind her. She rocked her young daughter talking on her cell phone. It seemed to be one of those government issued phones for those with low income. I know because I have one.





This was her conversation.





"Yes, I have an appointment with the housing department of Sarasota.".............." I have lived in the Salvation Army for three months. I had to move in a week before Sandra was born."....... " I hated to bring her to live there, but I thankful for the help that they have given me. Everyone there has helped me with her so that I can try to get on my feet after John died."...





I can not help, but hear the young mother speak as the baby slept. Then the bus stops. An old woman steps on. "I thought that the fare is $.75."





"No," the driver tells her. "But have a seat, I will take you to the station, but the next driver may not."





I could see that the elderly lady was embarrassed, and I was worried about what would happen with the next bus. I wish that I had money to help her with.





Mean while, the young mother had hung up the phone. She placed the baby in her stroller, and she pulled the string to request a stop. I nearly cried when I saw what happened next. The mother handed a peice of folded paper to the elderly woman as she passed her. She did not say a word as she exited the door.





The elderly lady unfolds the paper, and I could see several one dollar bills. The woman tries to catch the mother before the bus pulled away, but she could not. She closes her eyes and mouths a prayer.





I thought about this young lady who has nothing giving what she had, and I thought about the widow in the Bible who gave her only 2 coins. Jesus notices that this gift was great because she gave all that she had.





I will always this mother, and I know in my heart that God has blessed her and her family with all their needs as he does the lilies in the valley and the birds who fly high above.






 
IMAGE
reviewer of month of march  (E)
came at the best time
#1926888 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help






 dipolma  ()
I enjoyed this class
#1850294 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help






 
IMAGE
Reviewing ribbon  (E)
I am so happy to have been granted this reward..
#1931330 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help






My words are ways to leave peices of myself behind for my children

© Copyright 2013 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (UN: writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ida_Matilda_Wright Help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782075-May-6