*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782847-The-Benghazi-and-IRS-Scandals
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#782847 added May 17, 2013 at 9:19am
Restrictions: None
The Benghazi and IRS Scandals
In investigating why a system failure happened it is necessary to look at what took place before, during and after the failure. What happened at Benghazi and at the IRS is the same thing.

An administration in power used the machinery of office to gain a political advantage. Everybody who is following the news realizes this and even the President has expressed his “Outrage” over what happened. The party in power is trying desperately to protect him and minimize the damage. To this end they are trying to keep the focus on the last part of the process, which is fixing the problem.

In the Benghazi scandal, those vested, want only to examine the aftermath in order to make sure it doesn’t happen again. The reason for not looking at the before and during parts is because somebody was asleep at the switch and the administration doesn’t want it known who those responsible were. It matters because 4 Americans died screaming for help while those who should have acted were in a state of paralysis. In this case ANYTHING! Would have been better than the nothing that took place.

With the IRS scandal we see the same thing happening. The president doesn’t want to look at the before and during part but rather only the after part. He understandably thinks that the last part is bad enough and wants the focus to be on cleanup and not the cause. Here again in order to fix the problem the people need to know the full story. In these times of e-mail, Internet, leaks and instant communications, it is no longer as easy as it once was to cover-up the mistakes that caused these scandals, which those responsible are desperately trying to do.

In both cases we are seeing only the tip of what happened because to reveal more of the truth will adversely affect the ability of the Democrats to accomplish their social agenda and perhaps retain political power in the next election.

There is much talk about forming a Select Committee with subpoena powers to get to the bottom of things. This in my view is “The Nuclear Option” and a trump card that should only be used as a last resort. When that card is played Government essentially grinds to a halt as the people watch a worst-case government abuse scenario unfold. Instead we are seeing the power of the information age, leaks and new legislative tools, such as the “Whistle Blower Laws,” exerting influence at the investigative table.

What will happen next is that a bright light will be shined into the darkness that shrouds both scandals. As more and more truth comes to light, Americans will be shocked at the excesses that have taken place. The people are going to find out what happened that fateful night in Benghazi as well as how the information that was gathered by the IRS was flowing upward and being used by the Whitehouse. Already, the cruise ship of the current administration is dead in the water, beginning to settle and the rats are jumping overboard.

In all this the President continues to demonstrate how out of touch he really is. One of the first lessons a military man learns is regarding the use of umbrellas. Having Marines required to perform this onerous task, prohibited by regulations, is another example of his detachment from reality. It was a horrible image for which The President should apologize to all Servicemen.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782847-The-Benghazi-and-IRS-Scandals