*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784693-Hurrah-for-IG-Inspector-Russell-George
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#784693 added June 11, 2013 at 10:22pm
Restrictions: None
Hurrah for IG Inspector Russell George
If the IRS Scandal has a silver lining it is Russell George, the Inspector General. I’m amazed he had the courage to do his job and tell the truth. I wonder why nobody has asked him the names of those who tried getting him to back off. The thing however, to keep in mind about an IG, is that they serve at the pleasure of the director. Thus anyone below the agency chief is subject to his or her scrutiny. How far Mr. George was allowed to go suggests that the IRS might not be rotten to the core but just stinky enough to make everyone hold their noses.

The same does not seem to be the case about the State Department. There it is being reported that IG Investigations were brought to an abrupt halt once or twice a year. When the findings looked like they were going to be too embarrassing to the Department, “Somebody” with the power to do so, pulled the plug. I hope you see the difference. If Mr. George had worked as the State Department IG, his report would have never seen the light of day. There would have been no scandal. So while the checks and balances of the IRS worked with agonizing slowness, those at the State Department were essentially nonexistent.

People died as a direct consequence of the State Department seeing the world, as they wanted to think it was rather than what it really is. Of all the Government Agencies the State Department is riddled with liberal bias that runs so deep nothing short of abolishing the Agency will ever effectively redeem it. Blaming the fiasco at Benghazi on a demonstration that got out of hand is what happens when the card castle of wishful thinking faces a serious breath of reality.

Why was the CIA writing the talking points to begin with? The reason was that nobody believes the State Department and they needed somebody with credibility to explain what was really going on. So they got the CIA involved and then when the truth contradicted their fanciful worldview they wanted to delete, edit and weasel word. Those talking points speak volumes for how the top political leadership at Department of State thinks. What started out as an accurate one-page assessment ended up an emaciated paragraph that conveyed nothing but Bullshit!

Then we have Susan Rice trying to hide behind that bald scrap. The CIA gave the Whitehouse and State Department exactly what they asked for… the framework for a lie that blew up in their faces. Then they tried escaping in a cloud of smoke by pinning it all on the CIA. “Wasn’t our fault,” said the White House and State Department in response. "It was all the result of faulty intelligence." So now we have a new National Security Advisor. At best she’s stupid and at worst a moral idiot. What you can gather from the mean is that she’s loyal. In a world orchestrate by Chicago Politics, there’s no substitute for that.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784693-Hurrah-for-IG-Inspector-Russell-George