*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785208-Day-at-the-Beach
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#785208 added June 20, 2013 at 2:04pm
Restrictions: None
Day at the Beach
My mother and I go to Lake Michigan every year for a picnic. We love to look at the lake. Sometimes my son and his wife go or my cousin and her daughter. This year it was just Mom and I. We got some KFC and went to Meyers and bought salads, chips and desserts. The lake was so blue and calm at 88 Degrees. We sat on the pavilion at a picnic table. We enjoyed our lunch and we could se the lake clearly and got a nice cool breeze off the lake.

A young nice looking man young enough to be my son approached us. He was wearing sunglasses and smiled and said: "Hi." He was with friends, both men and women. I smiled and asked what could I do for him. He had a smart phone and wanted my mother and I to take a picture of him and his friends. I still have a flip phone but I take pictures on mine. I told him I would. The smart phone camera looked dark but I took pictures and I wasn't sure if I had done it right. A pretty young girl checked the smart phone and said I got two good pictures and that was all I took. They thanked me. They were a group of ten. I am over 45 and the younger generation are still nice. I seem to do well with teen-agers and adults in their 20's.

Mom and I went down the sand hill to look at the lake. To me, Lake Michigan is like an ocean. Rumor has it, bull sharks sneak into Lake Michigan but I don't get in the water. We just love to look at it.

Mom and I went shopping at the outdoor mall near by. We took food home for our husbands. Our husbands called us because they wanted their supper and we had spent too much time at the beach and shopping but we only do this once a year. Maybe we will go again this summer. I would like to.

** Image ID #1437264 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2013 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785208-Day-at-the-Beach