*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785477-June-24--its-been-a-long-month
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#785477 added June 24, 2013 at 10:52am
Restrictions: None
June 24- its been a long month
What can I say, Paul left for the South on a business trip and I have to stay home. At the end of last month we got a notice from one of the VP's that Paul and I are put on salary and we have to make a certain amount of $(sales) per month. I don't get it. lets just lay this out. Last year I made $10,000 in comission (before taxes, medical) that is 2% of what the company would make from my procurement over 5 years. If my math is correct take 10,000 and multiply it by 98 and divide by 5. That should come out to, yep $196,000. I made for them last year. That is about $150,000 that they wouldn't have made if I wasn't there. I am giving them then benefit that I was given a few purchases from people who regularly send product in anyway.  However, My phone calls and monthly reminders got the sale sooner than if they might have left them to rust on the shelves.
Now I get no commission and a the $10,000 more a year in salary. I have no option to Make more than the $10K and I have to produce a stipulation that gives them more money or I will have no job.  I just don't get it. 
I see that last year I went to a number of trade shows that did cost a lot of money. This was to feel out whether this might be a viable way of getting business. It wasn't for that year. Of course not. You don't get profit from the first year you do that. But no more shows. Its okay with me.
I am frustrated since we just moved in May and signed a 3 yr lease on the new place that was according to our projected pay. Paul is also on salary and he has to get a min sales per month.
This isn't from customers we have, this is new people we have to find!  Its like telemarketing in reverse and I have no list of customers. I have a job for the rest of this year.
I document every sale no matter what it is or who its from. If I talk to them I count it! If we don't buy from them, I still count it as a + in the bid but refused column. I don't care if they didn't buy it. That's not what I was hired for. It was to FIND them.
Ok I guess I have vented enough for one day about my job.

Here we are coming up to another Camp Meeting. Last week and this week is full of choir rehersals. Almost every night! I have a C&C meeting on Tues so I won't be there for that practice but I will be there the rest of the week. We have a new choir director and he brought in a number of teachers. One to work with the ladies and one for the men to perfect our singing technique. We do know what to do but we have become lazy over the years. We love singing So Gospel so don't need the "opera" style of diction. This concert we are singing "There is a balm in Gilihad", "Every Time I Feel the Spirit", O Clap your hands" then " America the Beautiful. The last one is one I can't remember the name of at this moment. 
At camp meeting we sing every night service and on the 4th we have a little program that we sing the songs from each branch of the service and the people from that branch stand. Always very moving.
That's it for now.

© Copyright 2013 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785477-June-24--its-been-a-long-month