*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785600-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#785600 added June 26, 2013 at 5:11pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday.
I better get this done while I can. It's been a full day and I have to go to work yet this afternoon, but it should be an easy night. I need an easy night, after the day I put in.

I was up kind of late last night, and then up early this morning to go to the clinic for a check up. I was surprised to find my blood pressure is down. It's good, but I was not expecting it. It tends to run borderline high, but it was much better today. Also, my breathing was better, and my heart sounded good. I am also down eight pounds and that is also good.

The only point of concern is a bit on the back of my left leg. I had a small bump back there, but could not see it. The next day Rhonda looked at it, and it was bigger and infected. She got a lot of gunk out of it, cleaned it and told me I needed to get it checked. It was red and had a red ring around it.

I had it checked today, and it could be a few things, but it looks much like a deer tick bite and the start of Lyme's Disease. Of course, it's too early to tell anything yet, and too early to even try and test for it. Even so, I was put on a twenty one day treatment of antibiotics to prevent it from developing.

I suppose it's a good thing to get it started early on, and I am glad to get treatment, but I know the medication is going to mess up my stomach and cause it's own problems. Oh well, still better than anything associated with Lyme's Disease. I will have to get the prescription filled tomorrow, and start them on Friday. Or at least, that's the plan.

I got home and got online for a little while; Rhonda took a short nap, then I fell asleep at the computer after Rhonda got up. So, I got a short nap in, too. Then I took Rhonda in to work, got a few things and came home and wrestled with the air conditioner. I put it in differently this year, and hope it will work better.

Normally it goes in the living room window, and then we put another in the bedroom window. This means we have to close off the kitchen to keep the cool in here. But this year I put the larger one in the kitchen window and will put the small one in the living room window. This should cool down the two biggest rooms good, and that should keep the bedroom cooler.

So far, it's much more comfortable in here, just by taking out some of the humidity. So I am thinking it's a good sign that my hypothesis is correct. The only problem is, the kitchen window is not the right kind of window to put the air conditioner into. It just will not fit. I did some modifications and it's working for now, but I will have to get a half sheet of plywood and redo it soon.

It was a few hours of trying to get it to fit in, and stay put, then a lot of foam and duct tape to hold it all together and seal it up. Once I get the plywood, I will cut it to fit the window opening, and drill a few holes to fasten it in place. Then I will cut out an opening for the air conditioner. The way it is built, the opening needs to be a bit bigger than what will seal good to install the air conditioner. But, I can use some 1" x 4" boards to hold it the air conditioner in place and to seal it up nice and tight, too. I should go in early and get a sheet, or maybe Rhonda can get it after work.

Well, that's about it for today. Tomorrow I will install the second air conditioner and hopefully redo the other one. It will be nice to get it done, and have it all installed. If we get up early, Rhonda can assist me and it will be cooler out to work. At least, it sounds like a plan.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785600-Wednesday