*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785742-Night-of-Infamy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#785742 added July 10, 2013 at 9:53am
Restrictions: None
Night of Infamy
Night of Infamy

As I have said in many past blogs there has been a cover up of what happened the night Benghazi took place. Everybody seems to be missing the point. While the deaths of Ambassador Stevens and the other Americans was bad, something much worse was going on while the president was disengaged.

Think about it. What is so bad about the President being briefed early in the evening, going home, going to sleep and finding out the following morning what happened? What is so bad is that while he was "asleep" some things happened that had nothing to do with Benghazi and everything to do with our National Command Authority. The facts strongly suggest that as Bengahzi was unfolding the Nation’s alert posture got spun up and what followed was an unprogrammed test of our strategic readiness. That is what was so bad and that is what our government is probably trying to cover up.

For the life of me I can’t see why the hour by hour events can't shown (as they were in the mission to kill Osama Bin Laden) documenting what happened during the hours the President’s whereabouts can’t be accounted for. If he was home and asleep, what is so terrible about that? Unless of course there was something else going on that is a game changer for the President. Why can’t the Administration come clean and simply release the logs and names of the players and show what happened during the period he was allegedly asleep at the switch? The reason why this isn’t going to happen is because bad things took place that developed as a consequence of what was happening in Libya, so bad they could spell a coronary to a White House already beset with scandals.

What happened that night of Infamy set in motion a cover-up that has opened one can of worms after another. The Rosen telephone records, the AP telephone records, computer hacking into even the darling media networks and most recently the NSA “Revelations” are all linked to that night and the Administrations paranoia to keep secret what really happened. The kettle continues to simmer and shake on the stove long after being shoved onto the back burner. Despite ample time for things to cool, the fire-storms continue to spin off showing the power inside the pressure cooker, the Administration is still desperately trying to keep a lid on.

Well, the cover up seems to be working. As time passes the urgency of discovering something we need to know, something that can indeed hurt us, something every American is entitled to know, seems to be fading. Top leaders in the Nation’s Command Authority are complicit and do a great disservice to their nation in helping sweep the whole embarrassing matter under the rug. Don't you think that if you almost got incinerated, it's something you might want to know about?

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785742-Night-of-Infamy