*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786674-This-ones-about-the-users-guide
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#786674 added July 13, 2013 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the user's guide.
30DBC PROMPT: "What are ten of your favorite words (whether they be your favorite because they are fun to say, fun to spell, fun to remind other people how to spell, have significant meaning, or some other reason)? List them at the top of your entry, then use them all in a short memory of an experience you had as a child."

Mornin' y'all! Hope this finds you all well. Man, this prompt is tougher than it looks. Everyone's got a list of words in their mental capacities that they snicker at whenever they hear, or have issues pronouncing, or just flat-out mean something other than their actual definition (no doubt due to an inside joke of some kind), but ask them on the spot, and they'll look at you with the same blank stare and dumbfounded face similar to the one I'm sporting right now.

Seriously. I'm like the vice-venture capitalist of made up words and meanings, and I'm supremely illustrating blanks on the chalkboard in my head over this. But I'm determined to somewhat push through...as for the childhood experience, well, that I'm not so sure about.

Word bank: kid, stupid, conversate, ridiculicious, internetastic, pregnasty, bloggeriffic, haterade, awesomesauce, word.

Considering most of these words sprouted out of the internet age (which happened long after my childhood had passed me by), instead I'm gonna offer definitions, usage, or anecdotes rather than try to dredge up memories. Makes more sense to me than trying to fit words that didn't exist into holes that weren't necessarily necessary. I know what I mean. *Wink* Kinda like an owner's manual for past and future entries... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eE4kutDzI4

kid: A term of endearment, meant to describe a friend. Example: "What's up, kid?"

stupid: When something's gone really, really wrong, it's stoooo-pid. Can also be used as an adjective to enhance how incredibly great something can be. Example: "That girl is stupid hot!"

conversate: What we're doing when you and I are talking.

ridiculicious: Something so crazy, it's poignant and amazing.

internetastic: Relating to something fantastic on the internet.

pregnasty: Something overgrowing or bursting with bad ideas or intentions; can also be used as a derogatory term in reference to a girl that looks terrible when she's pregnant (although I don't recommend or endorse using it that way).

bloggeriffic: Pertains to how awesome something related to blogging is.

haterade: What people who generally dislike stuff fuel up on before they start hatin' on what they don't like, especially when they're in the wrong or just sound stupid (and not stupid fresh).

awesomesauce: What is covering or flavors ideas that are generally well-received and stellar in nature.

word: Four letters combined to punctuate a sentence verbally. "...And that's how I feel. Word."


Go Funk 'N Wagnalls that, y'all. *Smirk*

BCF PROMPT: "When I look in the mirror, I...“

I have a tendency of not noticing what I'm really looking for. Like turning my phone on to see what time it is, but not actually seeing the time, or looking in a mirror to fix my hair but instead focusing on other flaws...when you look like me, there's enough going on that sometimes it's hard to pick out what to fix first.

But I don't gaze in the mirror often anymore. I've been seein' the same face for a long time. I know what it looks like and what's behind it. I know what I see isn't the same thing others see, and getting all the sets of eyes to lock in to the same thing is impossible. People claim to see this or that, when in reality they're looking at reflections of themselves and trying to portray others in that same light just to make them feel better about the things they don't like within their own mirrors. If you're not careful, you can look at yourself and see every broken mirror that's cast your image in the past and colored it in some other kind of light that isn't reflective of your true self. It's hard sometimes trying not to get caught up in them glances...but if you see nothing in your mirror that's what can happen.

In my mirror I see the image of a mirror behind me, casting infinite reflections of me ahead and behind me. And in my place is the person I am today, looking back and moving forward.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

*Partyhatr* Couldn't make up my mind today, so I'm offering this...it doesn't totally cover the point I'm making about what I see in the mirror, but it kinda fits in a way..."If ya don't know the words you can make up your own." *Wink*



THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

*No* Got nothin', especially after cleanin' out the cobwebs in my head during yesterday's entry. Took me awhile to type it, and now I'm kinda spent.

And it's all said and done for another day...gonna head back home and chill for the rest of the weekend, and hope y'all do the same. Peace, all I can see is myself lookin' back at me, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786674-This-ones-about-the-users-guide