*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787283-This-ones-about-too-much-information
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#787283 added July 23, 2013 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about too much information.
30DBC PROMPT: "What five websites do you visit often, and why?"

What's up y'all? I missed a ton of great prompts last week, and today I get one I feel like I could speak a lot about but have absolutely no patience. So stick with me, 'cuz here goes, without a filter.

https://www.writing.com Obvious choice, but not for obvious reasons. I love writing, and part of that is reading, so I feel some kind of kindred value in the two. And now that I'm judging this week's "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, I have all the more reason to be something more than a spectator, or just someone who reads headlines.

https://www.facebook.com Yes, I have to check in, and almost on a daily basis. I don't post anything unless I have to, and 'like' or 'comment' even less. But I flat-out ranted on some guy's post about Rolling Stone magazine featuring a bomber on its cover.

How I felt about Rolling Stone's cover art.


Of course, now the internet doesn't want to play along with me. Go figure. I post random shit I find slightly funny, and I'm persecuted by the powers that control the internet by not getting to be able to do what I want in a free atmosphere. If I wasn't so tired, I wouldn't take this sitting down, you fucking fuckers...but it's a lot easier than putting my shoes back on. I do really want to flip the table I'm sitting at, because I know I'm hitting the right keys but skell-checp keeps motherfucking me like I've done blasphemous things against a keyboard and Windows 8 has decided it won't load Internet Explorer to edit documents when your tiled version of IE is open. I'm a tired angry that you may have never seen...and it's at its worst. This is really disconcerting.

And I'm over it. I feel like because of some things I think the NSA is now on my shit. Did I mention I was angry today?

https://www.espn.com That's where I get my hockey and football fixes from. Columnists I feel like I've grown up with. Stories told in the "I can't believe it just happened but did" lexicon similar to old broadcasters of news no longer around, for people who don't have to turn on a tv to see what's going on. And if only three minutes or less (on average) is dedicated to sports on your local newscast, here you can get more than you need, when you need it, for as long as you want it.

https://www.youtube.com Where else could I soundtrack these episodes of life I write about so easily? I get my prompts, get a song in mind to go along with it, and luckily I usually find something sort of comedic to smash it all together. Ideas are made of magic, and the beauty behind them has to start somewhere (or sound something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjgOSxKy-FQ).

Considering how much time I spend on the internet, it surprises me that I'm troubled finding five sites I visit most (and my Hotmail email address isn't one of them on this list, by default). So I'm gonna go with https://www.google.com. How could I have forgotten about Googs? I mean, it's got something for everybody who wants to know anything...and aren't we all guilty at some point of either being that person or wanting that person? The mighty Googly Monster has all we could ever hope to know! It spell-checks our spellcheckers and smacks them into shapes we'd have to Google just to be aware of. It knows what we like before we like it. It Chuck Norris-es our thoughts before Chuck himself gets the urge to punch us with the fist under his beard. Rumor has it Google even won an Emmy before the Emmys became something losers with nothing better to do began searching the internet for better things to do when they couldn't figure out how or what Emmys were. Silly rumors. Poor lambs.

Know what'd be really hysterical? Share this link of your Facebook and Twitter accounts, and all of the other social networking friends those sites have: http://www.Writing.Com/authors/fivesixer/blog. Just do it for the hell of it, and let's see how fast it starts to trend. I'll be checking in the morning (which is more than I can say about many people in my past, for or against).

BCF PROMPT: "If you could trade places with someone for a week, who would it be?"

Again with a sort of recycling of old prompts. This has appeared in many different flavors, as recently even as "If you could switch places with one blogger..." or "name someone you admire/would have dinner with/thought you saw in a box of Corn Flakes". Not challenging. Not insightful. Not relevant. But dammit, I took the effort to try and type something today, so something's what you'll get, as I'm sitting barefoot in a public building swearing openly at a man who keeps wandering around and distracting me while I know my fingers are hitting keys and letters aren't showing up on the screen. Did I mention earlier I was a little angry??

I really wanna try and play nice, but I'm in too much of a snit to do so. I don't wanna trade places with anyone. I don't wanna deal with the fame and pratfalls of someone more successful, nor do I wanna deal with the bullshit I'd have to put up with if someone like me just sat unannounced at my table pretending he wasn't better than the sweat in his palms as he reads the crap he's consumed in and pretending my feet don't stink at the same spot.

I wouldn't want to see me...me being all kinds of broken on the inside in ways that just a snapshot can't help, or of just being sick of it not healing. I prefer face value as long as it's not my face and I don't have to answer anything about it.

And yet there's people out there who want you to believe you can't love anyone if you don't love yourself. I won't be carrying a locket of myself around my neck anytime soon, but I've been able to get along ok with me off and on for quite some time. Just because I can't hold it down for my own cause doesn't mean I can't do so for others. It's such a fine and fickle line..."love yourself, don't be egotistical, and see how others love you for it!" It simply doesn't work that way, at least not for me, and shame on those who claim that it does by shoving it down my throat knowing full well the hatred spawned behind it and the emptiness of satisfying others who won't kiss your ass brings.

Whew. I feel almost relieved. But I still don't wanna change places with anyone. It's not worth it...not to gain something I'd have to eventually give back, or put others through the backstory I've created and they have to figure out for themselves. Ain't fair, y'all.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

*City* I can't help it, nor do I have a right to. *Target*



THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

*Pencil* Yes, I've been getting increasingly angry at smaller and smaller things lately. My keyboard should be staring aces into my eyes for the way I've been pounding on it for not being as receptive to my words. I hope this doesn't bode ill for the entrants of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, entries of which I'll be judging this week. A salutatory fist-bump to you all!

3:22 Hours/minutes I've been in public for full display in a few days and I can't even take it anymore. People just really piss me off. And it doesn't help that I'm not getting along with the technology that was supposedly created to make our lives easier as well. I need to go home and beat up my garbage can or something.

I'm getting the hell outta here. Maybe I just need a cigarette and a glass of calm-da-eff-down...or my laptop typing "and" instead of "an" when I've clearly hit the "d" key several times. It's clear everything's setting me off today. Be your day not like mine, passionate people reading this. Peace, boom, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787283-This-ones-about-too-much-information