*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787388-Crossing-the-Rubicon
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#787388 added July 24, 2013 at 9:14am
Restrictions: None
Crossing the Rubicon
In 49 BC Julius Cesar crossed a stream marking the Italian border. This stream was a boundary and ancient law prohibited a general from crossing this line with his legions.

In doing so Caesar said essentially, “To heck with the law I’m crossing anyway." President Obama did the same thing when he attacked Iran with the STUXNET worm. It was an act of aggression directed against the physical infrastructure of a state. It was no different from the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor or the Terrorist attack of 911. It was in violation of a cornerstone of International Law, which prohibits the forceful violation of a nation state’s territorial integrity and destroying physical infrastructure. The President did it for the same reason Caesar did. Because he wanted to and thought he could get away with it.

“…Somebody had crossed the Rubicon,” Hayden observed (Referring to the cyberwar attack on Natanz). “We have a legion on the other side of the river now. .. this is like August 1945, the month the world saw capabilities of a new weapon dropped over Hiroshima.”

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787388-Crossing-the-Rubicon