*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787762-July-29
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#787762 added July 29, 2013 at 12:54pm
Restrictions: None
July 29
A week later. I find that I am doing better at getting things done! ha! I did work for a few hours on Sat morning in the garage, but all I did was move stuff from one box to another. What to do with stuff. Really I had 2 staplers I got as promo's from some show, rulers, scotch tape, floral tape, I found 2 stamp sets and two pkg of index cards. I can use the latter for recipes I am going to transfer. Or not. I may just print them off and paste them to the card so they don't get too wrinkled. But I have a small book I keep the "go to" recipes in.
I have boxes of recipe books. I love looking at them but don't really make too much from them. I get good recipes from Pinterst or something someone posts on Facebook and I try and like it too.  I think I should sell them in the garage sale I'm going to have in August. I love them but in reality I don't use them.
At my age who am I kidding. Who is going to want this stuff? I see my mother at 84 holding on to stuff she thinks she might need.
Mom was adamant about moving to the city. Dad finally agreed to live here through the winter but wants to go back to the beach for summer. Ok. They will have a small apartment place to live.
My sister and I went to the house and packed up books and VHS tapes. Some they had I don't think they should even watch, my other sister may have brought it so we packed them and gave 3 recyclable grocery bags of VHS tapes back to her and her kids. I don't have a VHS player so I didn't care.
I found some good books I wanted to keep and they wanted to get rid of. We are all readers and happy to share. (I loaded more books onto mom's kindle for her too)
The shelves were mostly empty and they took religious and "clean" books to their church library or to the pastor there.
I took her tarnished silver plates, bowls and a gravy pitcher home to shine. OH I also did most of the pieces early Sat morning after my son left to drive to Seattle for the Twins/Mariners game (picked up a friend in Tacoma) Twins won YEA!!  I have to get some tarnex. The pastes doesn't get all the stuff in the grooves.
She will be happy. I'm also going to ask my friend at Cortec to send me some emitters for my cabinet and hers to keep the tarnishing to a minimum or nil!
Thanks for reading this.
             

© Copyright 2013 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787762-July-29