*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788352-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#788352 added August 7, 2013 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
I wonder if I got this in before the date switches over? Different time zones so it's still Tuesday here, but not for much longer. It's enough, at least the date will be right for the entry, but the edit will be after midnight WDC time.

I had the day off, but not. I know, it doesn't make sense. It's like this, I work as a security guard, but I am also the supervisor. Our corporate office is in Iowa, so I handle all the local stuff. There's emails, to send, reports to write, and paperwork to keep up with, as well as the schedules, training and all the local things. I get paid a bit more for my position, but I don't get paid for anything other than my regular scheduled work, as a security guard.

In other words I sometimes have a lot of work to do from home, and off the clock. That was the case today, so I did not work today as far as my security position, but I did work from home doing a lot of reports and paperwork. Even so, it was a nice day and I did get some relaxing in.

But, it got late on me and now I'm going to be running behind on sleep again. That's the difficult part this summer, we are short on help. We should be staffed with six people, and have four, and only three of them are willing to put in any extra hours. The fourth person keeps working against us and trying to reduce her hours.

So, I have not only a lot of overtime, I have a lot of extra time put in here off the clock, work varied shifts, and seem to be editing the schedule weekly. The good news is, we only have to make it through the end of the month and our hours will be reduced. The bad news is, we will also be short one more person when her position ends.

It would be ideal to keep her on and have a full team for the fall and winter, but if she will not work, what good will it do? So, I plan on saving myself a headache and letting her go with the end of the double coverage. I am also hopeful that we will get another person training real soon.

Until then, there is little time for anything, and I am especially eager to have more to spend relaxing and in here.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788352-Tuesday