*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789102-Busy-Saturday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#789102 added August 18, 2013 at 8:41am
Restrictions: None
Busy Saturday
This morning we'll be going to church. The Choir Director has been trying to get several members to sing as a trio or quartet. We’ll be doing “I’ll Fly Away” which is Linda’s favorite.

Yesterday morning we traded for a used Toyota Avalon. It's a Hybrid. I was expecting good gas mileage but did even better than the anticipated 40 mpg. When we got home It was Dump Day. If you live in the country you know that is the day the local dump is open for garbage pickup. After lunch we took the dog and went back to Fond du Lac, to the RC model Air show and ran into Chuck and Linda. We had a nice visit and enjoyed watching the flying.

After getting home I worked on a big Piper Cub (1/4 Scale) I’d recently acquired. It is truly an antique and for the life of me couldn’t figure out where the gas tank was supposed to go. Usually they are aft of the forward bulkhead and right behind the engine. No way that was where the original builder had it located. Anyway cutting into the firewall was a challenge but eventually I made a space for a medium sized tank, without compromising the structural integrity too much.

On Monday sign-up begins at New Horizon's Academy for Fall Term. I’ll be teaching the Exploratory Writing Workshop again and look forward to meeting the new students.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789102-Busy-Saturday