*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789229-Cats
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#789229 added August 20, 2013 at 8:03am
Restrictions: None
Cats
August 19th, 2013 *Cat*

The metaphor that cats offer is ever present in my present world. I wake up in the morning and my white cat snowy is always there to greet me. She is cranky until I give her a little food. Afterwards she slips away for a nap, which seems to be a main objective for Snowy and Tiggie, the other cat. As the day goes on I will see the kitties in Sharon's lap getting petted and brushed. She grew up with cats and is the cat whisperer. I get the feeling that most of the time I am just along for the ride. Yesterday the cats ran out of food. I was the one to make sure we got the kitties food even though we were running low on cash. I am shipwrecked in my own way to want to sleep the day away as if on some deserted island. There is an internal "Snowy" and "Tiggie" doing battle to get my attention or the attention of the person I am married to. I think of my own children. They seem so far away even if they are no more than a half hour away, yet on days like today I see myself wondering how to get their attention. There are times when my days of being a dad have felt like I am just along for the ride. The cats serve as a reminder that given the right timing I will feed them.*Cool*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789229-Cats