*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789496-Fun-at-the-Flying-Field
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#789496 added August 22, 2013 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
Fun at the Flying Field

Today I went out to the flying field. It was a bit frustrating. My number one trainer kept cutting out and suffered a hard landing. One of the needle valves broke off and I thought I had it fixed. I didn’t. It cut out a second time and I barely got it down. My number two trainer was close to being ready but not quite. So I decided to finish setting up my Crop Duster. When I got everything ready to go I remembered that I had not properly secured the motor to the firewall. So that was the end of my flying. I had one more option but Linda arrived and we needed to go pick up and get my new glasses fitted.

A part of my problem is my vision is getting a bit fuzzy. The new glasses worked great and I can’t wait to fly with them. Anyway I need to get my trainers fixed. Sunday we are having a picnic at the flying field and everybody will be there.

When I got home I got on WDC and went to my port to see how my class, The Exploratory Writing Workshop is doing. It filled up in two days. On Monday was orientation. One if my students was having a problem accessing the Classroom (Assignment) forum. Actually it was more my problem than hers because she uncovered a glitch in one of the links that had gone undetected up to now. So I spent a couple of hours getting that fixed and it was a good change of pace from the RC airplanes.

Tomorrow we will pick up our car and go to Wausau. We had it undercoated and that took two days. They put chloride down on the roads in the wintertime and it’s very hard on the exteriors of automobiles. My father gave me a Volkeswagon that was only four years old that he hadn’t bothered to get treated. The car body seemed to be literally melt off the frame. That was a shame because otherwise it was still mechanically sound.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789496-Fun-at-the-Flying-Field