*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789778-Chapter-3---Trouble
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1949389
Love to publish someday. Scifi, aliens, fighting arena, edit and rewrite in progress.
#789778 added September 5, 2017 at 10:18pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 3 - Trouble
'Whad if aw do as he says?' she thought. 'Are der consequences? Is it too much ta call em Master? Why does he speak so strange, like is mouf is full o food? Dat oder one must be is lad, maybe cousins, aw don't know. Dey look twinnish, but dat old one is so... old.'

There came a tapping on the coffin. The pattern remained uniform, a rhythmic knocking which, once began, never ceased. As she lay awake in deep thought, the tapping affected her, reducing all thoughts into broken bits and pieces, akin to the weird mind-numbing of the All-Wisdom. It soon became an urgency to regain composure, to decide whether she left the casket or remained.


Hours passed as minutes, minutes passed as seconds - though sleep was disallowed. The air inside became heavy with moisture and heat, heavier within the lungs. Sleep soon became a nightmarish thought, to pass out and never wake again. All the mysteries of life presented themselves, but she would have none of it answered completely by the time the coffin opened again in a brilliant conspiracy of vivid color. He stood there solemnly awaiting his word, arms crossed and peering down upon her face.

"Aw'll never breav again ifin ya don't let me owda ere." she said. "It's ta yer benefit dat aw live, but ta mine dat aw die right ere."

"So be it." said the man in black. "Shut the lid..."

"Wait, Master. Aw beg ya... please listen ta me... Ifin only fer a minute er two."

"Get out if you're able." he said. "I'll not hinder, nor help you."


Auria pushed a nude torso skyward, grimacing and squinting in the light, until a hand-heavy forehead touched the bottom of the glass lid. The strap holding her taut remained, as did the reflection of her body, a malnourished and deformed anomaly of what once was a young, healthy girl.

The strap terrified when she tugged against it, feeling it deep inside, growing from somewhere within; to attach her to them, the devilish demons of home. She felt pain when tugging, and an unsure feeling of having her own privacy threatened by strange men. She looked to him and to the strap, both unwarranted.

"Go ahead." said Master. "Remove yourself from the machine."

"Master, aw need ta know what's been done ta me."

"If you wish my help, this will be the start of something between us.  Know this; I am only here because of you."

"Master, please tell me whad ta do. Aw'm not sure, it's embarrassing an dis ting is stickin ere." She pointed inside the crate, shaking her fist.

"Pull." said Master, turning and walking away.


She began to pull, noticing how the strap split and flowed equally inside, longer than she imagined it being. She continued to pull, grimace, pull and move about uncomfortably until both ends released their inward grasps and lay tangled between her legs. Quickly rolling out of the encasement, she landed on the floor in a hard thud, cursed aloud, rubbing an elbow and a bony backside.

"The pain will subside." he said.

"Master, how long have aw been?"

"Long enough to cook well. Your body has changed as much as is allowed. You'll heal quickly, but you mustn't try to do anything too fast... until you grow accustomed."


Attempting to get up, she slumped forward each time without the means, nor energy. A slick body slid across the floor, pulling herself toward the open door on spindly fingers. The walls shone pale white, rather inviting; unlike the stone walls of home. She scanned the room and slid into the wall near the door frame, hugging them, embracing them as she managed her way horizontally from a glossy floor. Trembling on shaky legs, she held steady, noticing muscles protruding from places she'd yet to imagine.

"Master.  Ma clothes."

He whistled gently. Another man entered the room with a stack of white linens and laid them at her feet. He covered, eyes down, backed away and left the room in the same manner.

"Master, why are ya not as courteous as he?" she asked.

Master quickly turned his stare and began to hum. He jolted in place, moving his body in sync to humming, rocking back and forth. She sorted the pile of linens and held aloft what seemed to fit, still loose and tasteless, yet necessary. While pulling on the pants, she twisted, noticing a muscular backside. She sighed. Three, distinct sets of pectoral muscles sat where full breasts had been. She felt up and down and smiled, head bobbing slowly to his rhythm of humming. Her mind quickened, full of new sights, sounds and feelings to explore.

"Oh yeah.” she smirked. “Dis place is interestin. Aw don't know where we are, but aw need someting ta eat, ifin yer only ere ta serve me."

"I hear nothing." he said. “I also, serve no woman.”


Auria crossed arms, leaned into the wall and held knocking knees together. The loose clothing held wide ends at the sleeves and ankles where they shook when she tried to walk. She ran a hand down the wall, reached for the door frame and pulled herself into the light.

Something caught her attention beyond the room. A group of men stood below in vast sets of lines, lines of men wearing similar clothing. They mimicked each other's stances and moved in unison, identical in height and in rows, though smaller toward the back. Shorter rows made different, higher pitched sounds when moving. They punched and kicked the air, yelling and grunting as one.

"I said, I heard nothing." said the Master.


She centered the open doorway looking down from the balcony upon countless men from above. As they moved, she too began to move, trying to keep pace. She stumbled slightly. Punching, both with the right and left, she finally made a sound similar to the men below.

"Yaw.  Heeyaw."

They stopped. Everyone looked to Auria, all eyes wide and bright. Smiles formed and faint hearts beat faster. They'd stopped for her and she'd stopped for them.

"Master, why does eryone ere look da same?" she asked. "Are dey yer broders or... children?" She turned back to gawk. "Aw'm all in after a world a trouble. Please, tell me der are oder women about?"

"No."

"Aw, Gawd. Aw'm in trouble, it seems."

"It seems."
© Copyright 2017 RodneyGray (UN: rodneygray at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RodneyGray has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789778-Chapter-3---Trouble