*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790713-This-ones-about-113-and-pre-photobombing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#790713 added September 7, 2013 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
This one's about 113 and pre-photobombing.
30DBC PROMPT: "If you could travel either 113 years into the past OR into the future, which would you choose? (You are ONLY an observer, and cannot influence anything.)"

What's up folks? What to do here...what to do? I love that for any other intents or purposes, 113 would seem like an awfully strange number to go zippin' back or forth in time to, but because 13 isn't enough either way, let's add a hundred to it and because it's WDC's 13th birthday week, but 113 is more outrageous.

Truthfully, I'd just as soon jettison this prompt into either one just to say I've got this entry in the bag during the year of 2013. But I'll do the right thing and play along.

Either way, you're gonna be screwed. If you go back in time, you're not gonna have all of the technology and other creature comforts we've grown accustomed to. If you go forward into history, you're not gonna know what all these newfangled inventions do.

Personally, I'd rather see you dropping off my old self from 1900, along with my 2116 version, just to see how we'd all get along (assuming, of course, there's still a world left in 2116 that hasn't been laid to waste by pollution and/or politicians). Would we duke it out battle-royal style? Would we double-cross each other until we all stopped talking to one another? Or would a pretty girl catch our eye, forcing us to try and one-up ourselves for her attention?

Here's how it'd really do down (my story, so my rules)...these fools are guests in my life and times. They're the ones out of place, not me, so I/them/we better learn to put up and shut up if they're gonna get anywhere with any kind of help from me.

But I/them/we already knew that. Probably 'cuz we're kinda smart like that. So after 2013 me lays down the ground rules, we'd probably all get along just well enough to not wanna kill each other, but we won't be attending the others' weddings anytime soon. No matter what century I'm in, apparently none of us is the marryin' type. *Rolleyes*

BCF PROMPT: "Describe a favorite photograph you've taken or one some else has taken that you really enjoy. Please, share with us so we can enjoy it with you!"

Ironically, the day after I went on the record (again) as stating that WDC should change their photo uploading limits to allow for higher-resolution images to be shared (which would make the process for including pictures much easier if we don't have to edit them first to have them fall under WDC's strict 400x400, 100kb max guidelines), we're asked to describe and a picture we enjoy. I'll let the emoticons do the talking for me: *No*.

The problem is that I don't own a copy of the picture I most enjoy of myself. The beautiful thing is that it was actually taken around thirteen years ago...but it was taken on a 35mm disposable camera. If you're all like, "Wow, people still used film in the year 2000?", now might be a good time to remind you that I was the lab manager in a drug store's photo department as recently as 2011...and we were still processing anywhere from 15-30 rolls of 35mm film on a given day.

I wasn't even part of the intended picture. I believe it was a coworker's high school graduation party, and she was hugging another coworker that I was pretty good friends with. They were standing in their embrace a good few feet in front of me as I was talking to other people. I must've heard the person taking the picture saying that word...the word you say when you want people to smile but then they're disappointed immediately after because, unbelievable, there is usually no cheese to be had. A scam if I ever heard one. *Smirk*

It was around sunset, which was not only captured beautifully in the sunset but also on my face, as I still had my prescription sunglasses on. And for some reason I'm sort of crouched down, doing the traditional Rock N' Roll devil horns (emoticon that, please?) with my hand and my tongue is sticking out about as far as it could go. And because of the flash and my prescription lenses being dark but not that dark, I've got the eeriest red-eye going on in the picture. I looked like some sort of cross between a midget ninja and a garden gnome. At least that's what the girl hosting the party said later.

Somehow I never got a copy of that picture, although I did ask for one. And I would totally share it right now if I did own one, but the original is probably tucked away in an album or shoebox or whatever people with pictures that were actually printed out did with them back in the day. Mine just stayed in the envelope for the most part. Now if need to use film, I just have 'em burned onto a cd (usually, now it's just burning whatever's on a memory card to cd instead, so I can clear it off buying a brand new memorty card because the rest got full and I was lazy). And all that really means is the envelopes are a little lighter, because the cd's are still in the envelopes they were ordered in. Haven't looked at the images on the discs in years. And if I haven't now, chances are slim that I probably ever will.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

*Camera* History is littered with songs that mention pictures, photographs, and cameras. Someday we're gonna come across the digital camera we used when we were a part of 2013's society, and some kid's gonna ask is what that's all about. And sure enough, we won't be able to find two AA batteries to get the stupid thing to turn on. Oh, you'll have hundreds of AAA batteries when you don't need them, stashed in drawers you'll open countess other times...but not a single set of AA batteries that actually have any power left in them. And we'll also be finding ourselves explaining why having photographs was so important. *Cd*



Fun Fact! The producer of the album this song is on was allegedly so ugly he was nicknamed Mutt, eventually married and divorced Shania Twain.

THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

*Twitter* Every couple of days or so I get an email from Twitter, which suggests people or companies I might like to follow based on who I've been following recently. Not only did I notice last night while actually on Twitter, but they also felt compelled to send me an email regarding themselves...

Apparently Twitter thinks I should follow Twitter.


You'd think it'd just be obvious that people on Twitter would be following Twitter, but I suppose it's nice to know that Twitter doesn't just force out Tweets about themselves unsolicited (unless, of course, you're already following them, like 36 of the people, bands and places I follow are).

And if you're wondering, ShareThis is the company that actually tweets out your WDC blog entry when you want to share it. If you're already using Twitter, try it...a new tab opens, and with your entry's title, mini-URL and "Writing.com via Share This" are in the entry field (all of which are editable as well). And that's one to grow on... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9J0PYZcWsU.

*Facebook* Facebook, however, has grown annoying recently. When I installed the last update for it in Windows 8, it turned its tile live, meaning that the app it uses would send me notifications even when I wasn't visiting the website. Which is cool, sometimes...but when I'm writing I always keep Facebook closed, because I don't want to be distracted. Since the last update, not only do I get notifications when Facebook is closed, but they repeat themselves every five minutes until I open Facebook back up again. And five minutes is just long enough to regain your train of thought and forget who sent you what request or who liked or commented on something before Facebook decides you should be reminded of it. There's gotta be a setting I can change somewhere, but Windows 8 and its silly tiles for apps that I don't use because it's just so much easier to use the Internet Explorer versions are making me wish that there wasn't an app for everything sometimes.

*Glasses* Just checking...nope, still no hockey emoticon. But after yesterday's furor over the unveiling of the new Sabres' 3rd jersey, I'm working on a version of my own. I won't send out sporadic tweets every few weeks with odd snippets of pictures edited down so you only see squares of blue or yellow, but I'll tell you this: It's gonna be cobalt blue, or close to indigo on WDC's color spectrum. And the logo will be round. That, I can promise you, will be shared.

*Angry* Woke up crazy late today with the same headache (there isn't a brain emoticon either?) I had last night, so I know it's not from sleep. I've also been having the same issues typing that I've had last night as well. I know where the right keys are, and I want to hit them, but my brain's telling my fingers other things. But I'm not in worry mode yet.

*Football* But I am in football mode...and as soon as I'm done here I'm gonna see if I'll be able to stream the rest of tonight's game. I should be able to. I see that the kickoff was delayed because of wind and that it "might rain". All that tells me is the football gods are taking their revenge out on the league for allowing baseball in Baltimore to have precedence over its Super Bowl-winning football team and not carrying on the tradition of kicking off the season by featuring the champs in a high-profile home game (and forcing Baltimore to open the season in defense of its title on the road in Denver). If the Orioles would have just agreed to change the time of their game (or schedule it for another day...geez baseball teams play ten times as many games as football teams already, and it's a lot easier to change the date and time of a baseball game than it is a football game), none of that nonsense probably would have happened. And what's gonna take place this coming February when the Super Bowl is scheduled to be played in New York? Football is meant to be played in the elements. The Super Bowl's not attended by fans anymore anyway; it's a corporate shindig for rich folks watching other rich folks watching more rich folks work (and we're getting into "this is another entry for another time" territory).

And all of the sudden I've managed to go from "keepin' this one short" to "dammit, I can't believe it's this long again"...which is probably my cue to wrap this thing up for tonight (and stop that damn Facebook notification chime from going off again). Peace, I wanna touch you, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790713-This-ones-about-113-and-pre-photobombing