*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791753-Up-Tempo-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#791753 added September 17, 2013 at 10:23pm
Restrictions: None
Up-Tempo Day
Today was a busy day. I got up early and went to the flying field. I flew my new Almost Ready to Fly (ARF) trainer and it handled well. This means I took it off, circled the field half a dozen times and landed it on the runway in one piece.

I had a second plane I got from Al in a trade. It is a big long 60 sized acrobatic airplane. It is used for what it called 3-D Flying that requires great skill and maneuverability. Since I have little skill and don’t maneuver well, Don, the flight instructor set the throws way back so now it drives like a Greyhound Bus. (Much more my speed) What I like about the big bird is that it’s easy to see and it chugs along at slow speed and floats in for a landing.

I had to rush off from the flying field in order to get to the dentist for my semi-annual teeth cleaning. What that means is that I not only get the plaque picked out but also have to endure the butt-chewing of not flossing good enough and brushing three times a day. The good news is that my teeth are no longer bothering me like they once did. Its funny how we tend to take the lack of pain for granted until something really starts hurting. I hate to take pain killers and have found that Motrin (Ibuprofen) work about as well on me as anything.

After finishing there it was past noon and Linda wanted to go shopping in Wisconsin Rapids and Stephen’s Point. So we were off on an adventure. We ate lunch at Kentucky Fried Chicken, one of my favorites.

Upon returning home I decided to work on my airplanes and as I was plodding along the wind dropped and it turned into a beautiful evening for flying. So off I went back to the field. I was the only one there and spent about an hour making circles in the sky. It was the first time I had flow twice in one day without incident. (Incident: Definition: Something bad that happens) I really like being alone at the field. Is it just me or do others like to be alone when trying something new they're not very good at?

So, here I sit, at the end of the day, my wife next to me and my dog at the foot of the bed, typing on my computer, unwinding from a day that was up-tempo, full of exciting adventures and satisfying experences. It don't get no better, unless it happens that Linda gets overtaken by one of her affectionate moods. *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791753-Up-Tempo-Day