*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792005-Perspective
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#792005 added September 21, 2013 at 1:19am
Restrictions: None
Perspective
September 20th 2013

I am learning that it is all in how you look at things. Life can be good or bad. It can be happy and sad. In my younger days I thought I could get what I want. Getting what I wanted made me feel special. I ran cross country, played tennis and aspired to be a minister. It was supposed to be that way!! Therefore I determined to make it happen. It did not matter whether I was suited for what I did, I was determined in my own way to show other persons how to make it happen. When I looked at the ministerial chinks in my armor, it only made me work harder to show people that I was who I said I was. I had to be the minister person. It was the only way to make sense out of life. God was using me to help others. Unfortunately I came with baggage that said I could never be good enough, I felt uncomfortable in the pulpit and seemed to be forever trying to make people feel better. I would have been better off to look for a different vantage point.

I am more aware of this as I work in a warehouse. I am a role player, not the main star. I look at every person in a different light. Sometimes person do not get what they want. The main objective is getting the bills paid. People have all manner of education and are instead collecting rubbish or trying to make ends by knowing the system. I sit here realizing my life could have gone in any number of directions. The bottom line is that I am married and have three beautiful kids. As my life continues I see less of a need to impress anyone. Those days are past. I am a minister from a totally different vantage point. I serve others knowing that without persons who could not get what they wanted I would not be here in the first place.

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792005-Perspective