*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792581-Cleared
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#792581 added September 28, 2013 at 10:39pm
Restrictions: None
Cleared
This will be a bit of journalism, couched within the sensations I am feeling after a day of service and self-care. I have felt this year to be one of the most difficult of my life -- that, without any obvious tragedy, just attentiveness to the struggles...and willingness for self-discovery as the vehicle out of the sorrow.

Journalism as I want to document:
1) Last night I felt dissatisfaction as a media consumer on the manipulation that channel 2 in Los Angeles showed reporting the release of a suspect in the stabbing death of a L.A. Dodgers fan in San Francisco -- but also frustrated the next morning when I really could not adequately express my feeling about it to my extra logical husband.

I think that, lately, I have just been sensitive to the decline of media. For more than a decade, I've worked in a less than challenging, but highly stressful hourly job in the advertising department of The Los Angeles Times.

2) My wanting to develop a spiritual curriculum (for youth), and expand upon the collaborative writing experience (with adults) that I helped facilitate at the end of July. And moreso, wanting my writing to be what I do.

So the positives I am feeling right now are important to document:
I had both a twenty minute chakra clearing by a practitioner who provided me with surprisingly accurate words of encouragement, and muscle massage by a separate practitioner. I truly feel clear about a great number of things. Things I have allowed myself to be blocked and numb from for several years. I felt energy stretch and struggle within me -- at times I felt senses a little heightened, and a slight internal queeziness. I even thought to equate the feeling to being Silly Putty stretched for a few moments while the chrystal cleansing was being performed.

The results are the most important.
I am focused, typing with purpose and accuracy -- interestingly, my spelling is off, but the phonetics of the word I mean are not (so my usual perfestionism is also a bit cleared, although my desire to return later and fix are not)!

My eyes feel bright, and I am on a path of Search that has me looking into "The Fourth Estate"
"Peace Journalism" "How can I obtain a degree in peace journalism?" [reminding myself of the conversation Rev. Kris had with me in August about training in non-violent communication]
"Rotary Peace Fellowships" "Peace Studies Bradford University (UK)" "The Department of Peace" "The Peace Alliance" (missed a Sept 21st L.A. gathering) "

[As I am editing, I find that the things worded ambiguously, or that are less positive, or that I am reluctant to say, cause me to slow -- but if I erase that part and write clearer truth, the speed returns.] Amazing really, as I do not remember having that clear an experience -- actually sensing a narrowing of the creative channel or straight-out writer's block.

This is not perfectly clear, but it documents what I want for right now.

© Copyright 2013 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792581-Cleared