*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792770
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#792770 added September 30, 2013 at 7:39pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 5: Andrew - Strength
Andrew sat on a bench out on the porch, using only the dim light of a candle as his light source. It was late, around ten thirty at night. The kids were all asleep, but Andrew and the rest of the staff were up, waiting until Nick gave the okay that any threat had passed. Andrew put his head down for a second just to rest his eyes.

“Hey.” He heard from the front of the porch. He looked up and saw Annaliese, his girlfriend, standing there.

“Hey.” He replied.

“Late night?” She asked.

“Yeah. Why aren’t you at you’re cabin?” Andrew asked, concerned.

“Becky’s covering, I wanted to come and check on you.” She replied, sweetly.

Andrew smiled, “Thanks.”

“Your group asleep?” She asked, peeking over Andrew into the dimly lit cabin.

“Yeah. They’re getting a bit rowdy nowadays, but nothing impossible to handle. Anthony’s a bit of a dick though.” Andrew said.

Annaliese laughed, “Haha, you’ve been complaining about him since the first week of camp this year.”

“He’s not a huge dick, I actually kinda like him, he just has dickish moments.” Andrew remarked. Annaliese walked up and sat on the bench next to him.

“You okay?” She asked.

“Yeah, I just worry for them. And myself, and you, and my friends. I’m worried.” Andrew said.

“I’m sure it’s nothing. Monica’s just overreacting to Brad being a jerk.” Annaliese said, comforting Andrew.

“It’s not just that. I’m worried about everything in general.” Andrew said. Annaliese cuddled up to him.

“I know, I know. But you’re strong, we’re all strong. We’ll be alright.” She said. Andrew put his arm around her, and after a second of sitting, they briefly kissed, before continuing to sit together  late into the night.
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792770