*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792780
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#792780 added September 30, 2013 at 8:53pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 8: Nick - Helpless
Nick felt absolutely helpless up on the platform. He couldn’t be attacked, no zombie was smart enough to actually climb ladders, but he couldn’t help either. All he could do was shout general orders through his radio and hope he was making the right call.

“Monica, Brad, we need to keep the gate secured. If we can bottle neck the gate, we can keep the horde contained.” Nick said as he fired shot after shot over the side of the platform.

“On it!” He heard Brad say. Nick looked past the trees that stood between the road and the camps property and could see Brad leading about ten people down towards the camps main gate. Nick was worried. The main gate was a very large opening, and about a hundred and fifty ghouls were trying to squeeze through it.

“Brad, you’re gonna need more than that. Ten guys isn’t gonna keep out near two hundred zombies.” Nick said.

“All militia, form up on the main gate!” Brad said into the radio.

“They’re coming out of the woods!” A voice said, hurriedly, over the radio. Nick’s heart stopped. It had to be a mistake, it had to be. He wasn’t hearing things right. No. No way he just heard that.

“Whoever that was, can you repeat?” Nick asked.

“Nick, it’s Andrew. I didn’t make the original call but-” Andrew cut out as Nick heard a gunshot, “-They’re coming from the backwoods too. Nick, we’re dealing with at least two massive hordes here.”

Nick could feel his heartbeat slow down, “Where’s my group?” He asked, worried.

“With me, they’re all okay. Nick things are getting bad down here, i’m sending Brad some people now, but we have problems here too.” Andrew said, sounding distracted.

Nick, in shock and completely out of control of the situation, dropped his radio. Lost and unsure what to do, Nick backed up and slumped against one of the platforms banisters, listening to the sounds of the undead scratch the platform and gnaw at him.

“Nick? Nick? Nick, are yo there? s*** dude, we need you right now? Nick? Nick, what’s the plan?” He could faintly hear Andrew say over the radio, but he ignored it.
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792780