*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792782
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#792782 added September 30, 2013 at 8:54pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 9: Monica - Time
In that brief instant, everything around Monica appeared to slow down. She heard the loud and drawn out sounds of gun fire around her, the disturbingly elongated screams of people being bitten and taken down by the swarming undead. She felt the kick of her own gun slowly push against her shoulder causing her body to sway ever so slightly. “What is going on?” she thought, why did everything appear to be slowing down.  Monica fired another shot, hitting a walker in the chest. The walker stumbled, then turned back to Monica. She fired again, another chest hit. The walker stumbled again, but was quicker to get up. Again Monica fired, but this time the walker didn’t even stumble when the bullet sped through it’s leg. Monica took one more shot and missed, and suddenly time seemed to get back up to speed again.

The walker was suddenly just a few feet from Monica. Monica gasped, rolling backwards just as the Walker made a lunge toward her. She stood up and aimed straight for the walker’s head, but when she pulled the trigger, all she heard was a click. She was out of ammo. Startled, Monica quickly began fumbling around with the gun, trying desperately to reload it while walking backwards away from the approaching walker. Monica suddenly felt herself bump into the wall of the camp’s equipment shed. She had backed herself into a small alley way, walls on both sides of her. The walker had already cut off her escape. Monica was still fumbling to reload her gun, but she was just to nervous. She wasn’t thinking properly and was moving much too quickly.

Just as the walker reached her, it suddenly froze. It’s eyes and arms went notably limp as it began to slowly lean forward. It then appeared to slide slightly towards her as she heard a voice say “Please, Meatsack, leave the nice lady alone.”

A large, burly man was standing behind the Walker’s limp body. He was holding a rod that had been shoved into the back of the walkers head. “You alright Ma’am?” he asked, shoving the walker to the side and extending his hand to lead Monica out.

“Yes, Gavin, I’m fine.” Monica said, grabbing his hand and letting him lead her.

“Well good, cause we still have some fight left to fight.” He said.
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792782