*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792783
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#792783 added September 30, 2013 at 8:54pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 10: James - Fear
“Andrew, what’s happening.” James asked. James could see something was wrong. Andrew looked disheveled and tired. He had come in with that other boy, Ivan, covered in blood. The gun shots and screams were enough of a hint that something was wrong, but Andrew always knew how to handle it. Or he always seemed to. One way or another Andrew had kept them safe so far. It couldn’t get much worse.

“There’s a bit of an incident outside. You’re just gonna stay here with Annaliese and Nick’s group.” Andrew said. James could hear that he was tired, and worried.

“But where are you going to be?” James asked, now getting worried about Andrew’s safety. He walked over to Andrew.

“Helping other people, people who need the help.” Andrew said, putting on a back pack that he was stuffing with boxes of shotgun shells. James didn’t like that answer.

“But we need you here! I’m scared!” James said, surprised by the desperation in his own voice. But it was true. “We’re all scared.” He said, more softly. Andrew looked past James to the bed that sat directly across the cabin from the door. Seth, Danny, Anthony, Niko, and Jaxon were all sitting in it together. Jaxon was, as usual, crying. The rest of the boys just seemed frozen and scared. They were bunched together and unmoving.

“Other people need my help too.” Andrew said, looking back at James. James heard him choke a bit. James was scared, but he knew Andrew could help others.

“Be safe please. And come back the second your done.” James asked.

Andrew bent down and looked into James’s eyes. James looked back, on the verge of tears. He hadn’t been this scared since the first night, when this all started happening. Andrew grabbed and embraced him, “I will, I promise.” He said. James cried, but held on to Andrew. After a couple moments, Andrew backed off James. “Stay strong. All of you.” Andrew said to the cabin, before turning and walking out the door.
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792783