*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793063
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#793063 added October 2, 2013 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 19: Andrew - In an Instant
Andrew shoved the screwdriver deep into the first walker he got to, on the end of the pack. He quickly shook it off his screwdriver, grabbed the next walker by the hair, and stabbed it swiftly through the forehead. His adrenaline was rushing, every second he was running out of time. He could hear the sound of the undead beating on the doors inside the cabin. He had to get in there. He had to stop them.

Brandon ran up next to Andrew, quickly stabbing one of his two knives into the back of one zombies head and shoving the second knife through the side of another zombies cranium. Brandon looked over at Andrew, motioning to the remaining with is eyes. Andrew nodded, and quickly the two started tearing through the horde, moving towards the door as quickly as possible.

Just as Andrew reached the door, a walker lunged at him from his left, knocking him to the ground. Andrew attempted to stab the walker, like all the others, but only had time to block the walkers bite. Andrew wrestled with the walker, trying as hard as he could to keep the jaw off him. Brandon was ahead of him, distracted by killing his way through the horde, and Andrew’s arm was just too physically tired to keep the walker back much longer. Just as he began to feel his arm falter, Andrew heard five loud bangs, all in rapid succession. Andrew turned and saw Gabi, gun still smoking, at the top of the stairs. Ivan stood next to her, his mouth hanging open in awe. Andrew, though shocked for a second, quickly jumped up and continued his slaughter.

Andrew and Brandon stabbed and stabbed there way through the horde. Though bloody, the job was easy enough at this point. They were in the entrance hallway now, and only had to clear out about ten more zombies before they were done. The zombies also had all their backs to the two survivors, making it even easier to fight forward.

Then Andrew heard it, the splintering and cracking. Three zombies fell forward through the door to the bathroom. Andrews heart skipped a beat, but he soon remembered there was no one in there. Then, as he pulled back the head of the last zombie in the hall, he heard the scream. It was a young scream, a boys. And it was coming from the bathroom. Andrew and Brandon rushed to the bathroom, quickly followed by Ivan, who was screaming something Andrew couldn’t understand in the heat of the moment. Andrew ran into the bathroom, grabbed one zombie while Brandon grabbed another. As they stabbed the zombies, Andrew heard a “woosh” as Ivan fired an arrow into the back of the head of the last zombie.
Andrew stood up, and Brandon did as well. He softly kicked the walker off of whatever it was laying on top of. And there, lying near motionless, passed out with a pool of blood around the shoulder of his torn shirt, was Zach.
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793063