*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793629-Feel-the-Fear
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#793629 added October 7, 2013 at 12:27pm
Restrictions: None
Feel the Fear
Hard to believe it's October already, but the reminders are everywhere. My loathing of the hype that begins now and continues until the end of December and beyond becomes stronger with each passing year. *Sick*

Only two pages left on my calendar seems scary in itself. For many years I have always received a Robbie Williams calendar as a gift. It cheers me up seeing him hanging on my kitchen wall in various poses. But alas, this year there was no official Robbie calendar and with the dire situation of last December here, purchasing a calendar was the last thing on anyone's mind. So, when things started to calm down it was a matter of buying what was available and much as I miss Robbie, I must admit I have enjoyed reading the little philosophies on my 2013 calendar which is aptly called 'One day at a time,' and contains an interesting quote for each month.

There are simple ones like 'Be truthful, gentle and fearless,' thought provoking ones such as 'How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?' *Rolleyes* and longer ones as in 'If you're going to be passionate about something, be passionate about learning. If you're going to fight something, fight for those in need. If you're going to question something, question authority. If you're going to lose something, lose your inhibitions. If you're going to gain something, gain respect and confidence. And if you're going to hate something, hate the false idea that you are not capable of your dreams.' I love philosophy, but can't always adhere to advice given.

This month I turned over the page to find one I think I can manage. 'Do one thing every day that scares you. ' *Shock*

Last week was fairly easy...

On the first of the month I went to the dentist. *Shock*

On the second I checked my bank account. *Shock*

On the third I watched the News *Shock*

On the fourth I looked in the mirror. *Shock*

On the fifth I touched the TV remote. *Shock*

On the sixth I got up before the alarm. *Shock*

On the seventh I stepped on the scales. *Shock* *Shock* *Shock* *Shock* *Shock*

MY DIET STARTS TOMORROW.


© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793629-Feel-the-Fear