*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794220-Boring-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#794220 added October 12, 2013 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
Boring Day

Today I tried to show some balance in the tasks on my “To Do” list. My wife often tells me that I have a single-minded focus and have trouble executing a broad range of concurrent tasks.

Anyway, yesterday she said on our daily walk that we needed to install the artificial flame machine she ordered for the fireplace and move a larger rug into the kitchen. We did those two tasks last night. The artificial flame machine we saw on TV and ordered on line. We haven’t used our fireplace in years and they are a pain in the butt to keep clean and occasionally endure the blow back smoke from a down draft. Since Linda and I both have good imaginations we are enjoying the heat from our virtual fire.

Today I serviced the saws, got gas for the wood splitting machine, put 5 gallons of diesel in the tractor and commenced to blocking wood. After lunch I worked on my planes and took a nap. This evening I went back to blocking and splitting and so the day went. Somewhere in the midst of all that I did a review on one of my student’s vignettes.

Linda and I are not great alcohol drinkers but we like a glass of wine in the evening before bed. Our favorite is one we got to like while assigned in Germany called Auslese. It is sweeter than a Riesling and taken cold is delicious. It normally sells for $12 or more but Linda found some at Trader Joes for $5.99 a bottle. We bought a case which should last us quite a long time.

We have this rather large Golden Doodle named Honey. The last trip to the Vet she weighed 75lbs so she is a big girl. Honey has taken to being a lap dog. Envision if you will Linda sitting in her recliner and this big white dog draped over her lap. Sometimes if you ignore a dog they wont’ repeat a behavior but every night for the past week Honey has been up in Linda’s lap. I think when she hears the coyotes howl she gets nervous and and feels safe there.

If you haven’t guessed I have had a boring day and not much exciting has happened. At a complete loss for what to write I have decided to just tell what I did which should be of no great interest to anyone. Some day somebody with nothing better to do will read my blog and think… wow that Percy Goodfellow led a boring life if that is all he has to write about.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794220-Boring-Day