*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794393
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#794393 added October 14, 2013 at 8:17pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 32: Nick - Strike
“What do you mean you aren’t gonna finish the north section tonight?” Nick said through gritted teeth. The man he was speaking to, Tom, stood in front of him. Nick could tell he was intimidating Tom, and he liked it.

“It’s just... we’ve worked all day sir. We’re tired and hungry and would like to finish working tomorrow after some rest.” Tom said, shakily. Nick’s face began to turn red as he trembled with rage. How dare this man try and go against something he had told him to do!

“We lost three people yesterday due to a lack of defenses! Do you want to be the killer of the next person, Tom, do ya?” Nick said, pushing his large body against Tom’s small and slender form. He was yelling loudly, and the whole mess hall was turning to look at him. “Cause that’s what’s gonna happen, Tom. You’re gonna be the killer. You’re gonna kill me, or Brad, or Monica, all because you refuse to work on that wall!” Nick shouted. The whole mess hall was watching him now.

“Nick, calm down.” Monica said, standing up. She had been sitting with Andrew’s group in his absence. Nick’s yelling was frightening to the boys and Jaxon had begun to cry because of it. “You’re scaring the kids.” Monica said, quietly.

“Don’t you tell me to calm down, I’m just doing what needs to be done to keep everyone alive!” Nick shouted, he shoved past Tom and kicked open the door to the outdoors. Nick turned back to Tom, “Now... you and the rest of the workers are going to go out there and build that goddamn wall! And don’t even consider coming back in here until you do!” Nick shouted, his confidence in himself boiling over. He lifted his arm, fully intending to strike Tom, just so that Tom knew his place. Just as Nick finished the wind-up, he felt pressure on his fist, keeping it down and preventing him from swinging.
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794393