*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794633-Chapter-34-Brandon---Truth
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#794633 added October 16, 2013 at 2:14pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 34: Brandon - Truth
“Pretty interesting set of rules, where’d they come from?” Brandon asked. He’d been listening to the whole thing through a nearby window and went to talk to Andrew as he walked into the mess hall.

“Some bull I pulled out of my ass, i’m pretty sure most of the rules say the same thing just phrased differently. I thought them all up in the shower.” Andrew muttered under his breath, trying to keep the kids from hearing.

“Do you believe in them? Like, can you get behind them?” Brandon asked.

“Maybe number seven.” Andrew stated. Brandon just shook his head.

“I don’t care how inspiring you sounded, those kids aren’t gonna stay behind your rules unless you get behind them as well.” Brandon warned Andrew. Andrew looked at him with a slightly annoyed face but didn’t say anything. He walked off and started making his way through the vast number of tables and people so that he could go eat, but Brandon lunged forward and grabbed his shoulder. “What happened to you? You spend three days an alcoholic mess, show-up like some inspiring knight in shining armor, and then act like an uncaring dick the second your kids are out of earshot. What’s wrong with you?” Brandon asked, both annoyed and worried.

“I have a job too do.” Andrew said, he sounded slightly annoyed, but only slightly, “I have to protect these kids. There’s something... out there. Not walkers, but something else. I need to protect them from that too. From Monsters of all kinds... and this is how I know too do it.” Andrew turned away again, but Brandon spun him back around.

“You’re not making any sense, what do you mean?” Brandon asked. Andrew’s explanation was confusing, if anything. It didn’t clear up anything for Brandon.

“Come to my cabin after dinner, i’ll explain everything there.” Andrew said, he turned away again, and this time, Brandon let him go.
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794633-Chapter-34-Brandon---Truth