*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794737
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#794737 added October 17, 2013 at 1:33am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 38: Brad - Promises
“Why are you leading the last search?” Monica asked, following Brad as he shuffled around the main office getting supplies.

“I haven’t walked around the woods in months, it’ll be a nice breathe of fresh air.” He said, paying little attention to Monica.

“But it’s dangerous, our people need you here as a leader. If something were to happen while you were out there...” Monica began.

“Nothing’s gonna happen. We rarely see any Zombies in the northern woods and it’s been three weeks without a sign of this guy. We’re just checking the mountain side and that’s it.” Brad said, completely sure of himself.

“But if something were to happen, what would we do?”  Monica asked. Brad noticed the worry in her voice, slowed down, and looked at her.

“You’d keep going somehow. None of you are idiots, you know that. You’d figure out a new leader, or have a council, or some form of democracy, I don’t know. The point is, you’d keep going and you don’t have to worry because I’m not going anywhere.” Brad said, reassuringly.

“I’m still worried.” Monica said, her expression unchanged. Brad just laughed.

“Don’t be.” He said. “Just make sure Halloween get’s planned and goes well. Candy for every kid, a costume for every kid, and some extra candy for the adults. Hell, get some nice music too. Let’s have a good day for a change.” Brad smiled. And for once, Monica smiled back.

“Okay.” She said.
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794737