*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794863-Where-My-Eyes-Fall
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#794863 added October 18, 2013 at 9:29am
Restrictions: None
Where My Eyes Fall
I wake up this morning and do the psuedo "touch my toes" that wakes my back. Make the few steps march to allow the dogs out the back door, and I notice, in the small amount of light available to me, where my eyes fall.

The back window, looking out to the black sillhoettes of my backyard also gives me the thrilling view of downtown buildings alight. I realize that the little zap of life they give me, seeing them this way, is because they remind me of Christmas lights. That kind of decoration has so often been part of my life (actually part of a family that seeks them out), or that it's tied to particularly joyful times that rise above more stressful ones.

So, even though September has some history with me -- noted for being a "down" month; October can always be counted on to be part of the upswing. I may not like the way the switch back from Daylight Savings has me leaving work in the dark, but there's something new in being attuned to the dark morning again that I do like.


Best line from Tin Man (2007)
"You know you really should do something about that BITTER cynicism of yours Cain."

Cain:
"Why? Someones gotta keep your wide eyed optimism in check."
DDOSF gift courtesy of Highwind

© Copyright 2013 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794863-Where-My-Eyes-Fall