*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794905-Oct-18
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#794905 added October 18, 2013 at 12:16pm
Restrictions: None
Oct 18
I opened my email and found the response from the woman in charge of the book club. She is going to let me know how many will be reading my novel.
I'm sending a work sheet of suggestions and direction so they have something to focus on. I'm also sending a Non-disclosure agreement. I trust people but one needs to be careful these days. Just covering all bases.
I don't care if they are accomplished reviewers, but having someone who isn't related to you read your work is always a positive.

I think this is a great idea and I will post how it goes as they will be reading this in November. We will meet at the end of Nov for a face to face.
I suggest many of you know a book club group. Be particular and ask questions about the style of books they read. Is it all one genre? Do they read only the best sellers or National book club reccomends?  I prefer those little groups who, like me and my sisters, joined a group to read books outside our normal comfort zone.
I will say we read some great books BEFORE they became best sellers and movies. It seemed we were 3-4 months ahead of the majority of big reader groups. I loved our book choices. Some books I liked others I didn't care so much for.  It was only when the social time spread into the review time and the women couldn't stay focused on the books that we quit.

Tina Weaver

** Image ID #1634119 Unavailable **
         


             

© Copyright 2013 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794905-Oct-18