*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795396-This-ones-about-what
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#795396 added October 22, 2013 at 3:29pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about what??
30DBC PROMPT: "Invalid Item

Well hello there. I can't believe it's only a Tuesday...feels like it should be closer to the weekend already. Like I slept enough to miss out on life for awhile. My timing's off from this past weekend, I guess. You don't realize the routines you're in until they're disrupted.

And it got cold out! I'm a hardened person from 38 years of New York winters as it is, but there's nothing like that day the temperature drops and suddenly you shouldn't be wearing shorts anymore. Like summer just kissed you and up and left without saying goodbye, and it's gone without a trace. Makes me wonder how I managed to survive last winter, having to crutch everywhere. Without gloves, even. I bought a cheap pair earlier this month, and copped a pair of stellar Carhartt ones from my uncle's, but really...on ten degree days through ice and snow, how did I survive that? I shouldn't be complaining...it's only October and it's in the fifties temp-wise. The worst is yet to come with the weather, that much I know. But summer, we hardly knew ya. Thanks for the ditch. You'll never hear me complain about it being too hot out, and I sweated my boys off this summer in a second-story room. I'm not judgin' you people who ski, snowboard, make snow-people and generally love winter, but y'all are crazy. Gimme 80 degrees in a comfortable environment. I'm open to moving. Make me an offer and be willing to put up with me. I don't need much or make weird demands. The hardest decisions I have to make are switching my laptop's browser back to Windows 8's tiled view from desktop mode after watching football on Sunday nights. So I'm house-broken. I'm neat and clean. Just take me to your warmer climate.

BCF PROMPT: "Imagine you are one of the following, a 12 year old girl, 15 year old boy, 23 year old working person, a 59 year old millionaire or a 64 year old bee keeper. You live in one of the following locations: on a farm, in a mansion, on the street, in a boarding house, or with your aunt and uncle. Pick one person and one location; you are now this person and this is where you live and the diary is yours that was found from 1864. Start with: Some people might not have opened. Write a story or a poem using the information. Have fun!"

Wow. What a way to go with options and stuff. Here's a poem about it:

Untitled 10222013

You made me who I am,
just a shallow business guy who's been all these things
to a world that doesn't see them.
You don't know my story, just like
I don't know yours.
Here's my journal.
It's never been opened by anyone else
but me.

Lover, daughter, brother, friend.
When will we meet again?
Take my hand by taking my words.
Let them mean something special to you...
something more than I can tell you in person.
We interpret things differently.
They may not be easy to discuss.
Your life was a triumph more
than mine was a debacle,
so what you can gain out of
seeing this
is something only you can answer.
That is,
if the question is ever posed
through idle conversation.

My words made you
and you made my words
what they are.
Let's stay intimately separated
once we, well, you know...
get reacquainted.
We all have better things to do.
But until then, you're here
and I'm there.
And we can talk again
when it's over
and we found out what we needed
to know. About you,
me,
and you and me.

I can't get you there from here,
but you can see me
now.
Don't let your voice quiet you,
and let's just enjoy discovery
for what it is.


MUSICAL BREAK!!

Haven't heard this song in forever. An ex-coworker mentioned them on my Facebook page, which you should like if you don't already at https://www.facebook.com/asongadaycuzIcan.



THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

*Penbl* So much to cover, and I've been a bad friend when it comes to reading blogs. I love you guys...you're amazing. The WDC community is tremendous.

*Football* Did I mention that the Bills beat the Dolphins on Sunday? I really don't re-read what I write. It was a great Bills win, and one that would've mattered more if it was 1990 and they were still a bitter rival. Why it was necessary for Hova to have this video narrated is beyond me. The hometown Bills were more accomplished than the 'Fins back then. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6imZAB19C4w. Now neither team is relevant in the money-printing machine that the NFL is. The Patriots became cash cows after they switched their uniforms up, the Bills couldn't replace Jim Kelly like Miami can't replace Dan Marino, and the Jets...man, the Jets. Ugly, ugly, ugly. How they win is ridiculously amazing in today's NFL. I'm liking their uni's...that hunter green and logo. The Pats should've never gone away from the "Pat Patriot" helmet/uniform design. Those were some bad NE teams, but that look was great...here's a great reference for uniforms: http://www.uni-watch.com/. But really, those '90's Bills teams illed with destroyerness.

*Bulletb* *Check1* And the Sabres still suck ass. How can hockey teams be that bad? Why do players not want to perform for a city that's mad about the sport as it is, the GM drafts well, and ownership's committed to "Hockey Heaven" in Buffalo? OMG, is it still Tuesday? It's Tuesday somewhere.

And that's where I depart from this to take a nap. Because life is better when you wake up, or so I've learned. Peace, gonna gonna GOODNIGHT NOW!


Yep, I went there. Even the best poets know enough to stay away from bad hockey teams.

© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795396-This-ones-about-what