*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795439-Over-the-HorizonReading
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#795439 added October 23, 2013 at 3:09am
Restrictions: None
Over the Horizon...Reading
Some of my interests assert themselves in a cycle I've never quite figured out. I really enjoy listening to music. I have several favorites from the 1980's like Sting and Billy Joel. Presently, Ed Sheeran, and yes, even One Direction have my ear. The new British Invasion. I have enjoyed the Beatles as history mostly. That may be a weird way of saying it, but since their being together as a band really came and went while I was a small child, my interest in the band always feels like I'm catching up on a dense patch of musical history. I'm glad that individually the band members of the Beatles had a continuing impact, and some do to this day. I look on the recent comparisons of the Beatles popularity in America with the chart-topping by 1D in 2012 with curiosity. Distribution of music and word of mouth is wildly different, but the music industry has also learned a few things since the Beatles too -- mostly bad for listeners, but great for investors. I'm a total noob at iTunes, but that has me intrigued too.

Another interest that takes up time: crafting. For me this includes sewing, knitting, inventing reuses for found items. So, of course, Pinterest has become an interesting stash of fetishes and other people's images. I'm going to mention cooking here also (it fits in with the inventing from found items, I'm sure my family would say). There shouldn't be anything that takes up more time than cooking in one's life, but I know my obsessive side better. I can be perfecting something and my family's hunger be damned....

Then the writing probably tops it. I doubt I'll make a formal agreement to be part of NaNoWriMo this year, but that doesn't mean I won't be working on a novel or three. I've recently noticed that my WDC portfolio item count has reached 199. And I am not driven to create #200. I wonder what stops me? This is not to say that I have stopped writing, I've been very consistent the last month or so. My trick has been that my continuing writing is in established items that are part of a collection, such as this blog, an interactive I've slowly been adding chapters to {sitem:1921004] (back to the musical boy band obsession); most of the others are so deep "in the works" I don't show them publicly in my portfolio.

Very soon, I'll have a day in my blog that I will keep a regular appointment to review a book. I'm hoping this and some other ideas will make my entries here more cohesive.

© Copyright 2013 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795439-Over-the-HorizonReading