*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795465-In-The-Beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1937952
A celebration of being reconnected to God and others.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#795465 added October 23, 2013 at 10:52am
Restrictions: None
In The Beginning
“Witness to Withness”*Bookopen*
         In the summer of 1977 I had been promised release by my attending psychiatrist, Dr Fleming to return back to college. In two weeks my classes were to begin when something went horribly wrong. I was going through a bout of anxiety as time to attend college grew closer and my Dad was put in a position by my then pregnant mother to "do something with him, he's driving me crazy". The mental health Center could find no respite for me, we were a family of limited resources and thus I ended up in a State hospital. Over time I found myself losing all hope of ever being connected to or even wanting to be WITH other person who I thought I could trust. *Confused*

         During the early part of 1978, while seeking release from despair my dormant creative energies were about to be activated. I entered into a room that had once been used as an art room. There was no lock on the door and therefore I felt invited to see what I might find in the emptiness. There were some crayons, markers and pencils. I wondered at the beauty that had been hidden within myself. It was as if someone uncorked paradise. The title of a book became a lure to hang in there until I found release in the spring of 1978. The main message I offer is that connection can be found in even the most chaotic places within and without.


         One of my main prayers as I continued to study as a minister after I was released was, "Be with me Lord”. There have been countless adventures with that four word prayer as a moniker. I pray that all who read this can get a glimpse at how eternity worked its magic in one soul. I hope it can be an encouragement to others. When life feels like a trial and the train seems to be at the end of the track hope is right around the bend.*BigSmile*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795465-In-The-Beginning