*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795564-Let-it-Run-Dirty
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#795564 added October 24, 2013 at 10:15am
Restrictions: None
Let it Run Dirty

Well the workshop is about over for this term. I had some good students even though the attrition was high. As I sit here contemplating my navel I have plenty of ideas on how to simplify, consolidate and make the workshop better. I’ll definitely be doing some more work on the course before the next term in January.

Linda and I went to see Captain Phillips. It was a good show. I recommend it to those who like “Non-Fiction” with an action adventure theme. I got the sense that the script had been altered and watered down to conceal the “Tactics and Techniques” that were actually used. Still, if not totally faithful to the historical record the movie was fast moving and exciting.

It has been unseasonably cold the past week. I split a trailer load on Monday and need to get it stacked and drying in the wood shed. Some of the wood is pine from the one that lightning struck in the summer and almost fell on the house. I really hated to lose that tree because it was planted in 1918 in memory of my Uncle who died in WW1. There is still plenty of Oak left over from last year. I had three semi-loads brought in and only burned two.

Mark told me I needed to call Heatmore and find out why my stove burns so hot and uses so much wood. I did and when I told them I was burning up a grate every year they asked how often I clean out. I told them once a week and they said that was much too often... that I should let the ash build up inside. The term the technician used was to let it run “Dirty” and evacuate the ashes under the firebox no more than twice a year. Maybe that will make a difference. I sure hope so.

Some parts came in for my RC model airplane and we will be going to Wausau later in the morning to pick them up. So, I better get cracking with the chores. Between the chores and the “Honey Does” it’s a wonder I get anything done.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795564-Let-it-Run-Dirty