*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795579-Say-Goodbye-to-Wello
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#795579 added October 24, 2013 at 2:15pm
Restrictions: None
Say Goodbye to "Wello"
Every day there is more and more evidence that Jaden is maturing at an astounding rate. Just a few days ago I realized, with a odd sense of loss, that she had discovered that the color "wello" was really pronounced "yellow". She stood in the door way, grinning from ear to ear saying it over and over again, showing off her now perfect pronunciation. This achievement was followed closely by playing the musical alphabet with all the correct notes and by repeated proper use of the word, "actually". It seems to me that each day she either learns something new or masters one ability or another that she has been fine-tuning. We are rapidly approaching age 4 when she will officially, with all the Disney princess fanfare I can muster, become a little girl and the toddler years will become a collection of memories. This business of being a Mom is funny. More often than you can imagine, I have felt those bittersweet tugs on my heart watching my daughter grow. Like her word "wello" so many of her behaviors are fleeting, here one day and gone the next - memorialized in my random blog entries or preserved in photographs - and for me, that's a bit sad. And still, there are all these new things happening, new things she's learning, new talents and passions emerging. There is always something new to delight me, to amaze me. She is writing her own name now, everywhere, and I see that she has adopted the habit of ending it with a tiny smiley face, her own special punctuation. Her father and I think its completely adorable. Her taste in music is becoming more and more refined. She gravitates more to the jazzier selections available on my ipad, seems less apt to listen to those kid tunes and silly songs. She plays teacher a lot now too and I can hear her in there, giving instruction and doling out stern "talkings-to's" to those animals that misbehave. The other morning we ran late because she insisted on cleaning up her room...an entirely new and wholly welcomed behavior! Jaden is a marvel to me every day. This business of being a Mom is funny stuff indeed, funny and pretty damn wonderful too.

© Copyright 2013 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795579-Say-Goodbye-to-Wello