*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796193-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#796193 added October 29, 2013 at 7:07pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
It's almost dinner time and I'm getting hungry smelling the food cooking. We have a front shoulder roast slow cooking in the oven. It's the entire front shoulder, like a picnic ham, only not cured or smoked, and it's roasting up so very nicely.

I also made up a small kettle of baked beans to go with it, and we just discussed what else to have along with the roast and beans. Potato chips. We had thought about mashed potatoes with gravy, but the juice is kind of fatty for gravy. So the plan is potato chips tonight, and mashed potatoes with gravy tomorrow.

I'll put the juice from the roast in the fridge overnight and let it cool and set up, then tomorrow I can scoop the fat right off, then use the juice for gravy. Of course, I'll have to add in a little of the fat for flavor and to make the gravy smooth and satiny.

It's been a lazy day. No work, so we slept in, and since then we've just been slacking away the day. Rhonda made us a nice brunch, and soon dinner will be ready. Then, a bible study and then we'll relax in front of the Boob-tube.

I have gotten some stuff done. I cleaned up my Mp3 player and erased everything off of it. Now, I'm reloading it with most of the music I have on my computer. I wouldn't have had to erase everything first, but I had some repeats on there, and I know I would have created even more duplicates before I was done.

Weather wise it's a perfect day to slack off, too. It's cold, only 32 degrees Fahrenheit, and wet. We had snow earlier, then it turned to drizzle, and soon it will be back to snow. It was forecast to snow through the night and most of tomorrow, but I think I heard on the radio that it's suppose to be a little warmer tomorrow and rain instead.

Around here, the forecast varies by who you hear it from. It seems every station gives something a little different, and even when they agree, it changes constantly. For instance, I can check the weather before bed, then again at three o'clock the next morning and it will have already changed.

The only thing I can say that's consistent with the forecast is it's almost always wrong, and it almost always changes. Of course, the weather here in South Dakota seems to be much the same, consistent only in it's inconsistency. At least it's never boring.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796193-Tuesday