*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796732-Challenge-Accepted
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#796732 added November 3, 2013 at 6:52pm
Restrictions: None
Challenge Accepted
Another blogger I've started paying attention to, Robbie Cox, today proposed a month-long challenge that doesn't require me to be a non-stop typing monkey for the month of November. Instead, he states I can take a moment each day to declare something for which I am grateful.

{link:http://www.themessthatisme.com/2013/11/an-attitude-of-gratitude.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheMessThatIsMe+%28The+Mess+That+Is+Me%29}

Today, I will declare love for the privilege of driving.

No one ever promised I would have a car at sixteen. I had to take a course during summer school, which unwittingly included me passing out from the heat (and it was not induced by Red Asphalt, it was induced by lack of AC in the building on that day). In addition, my parents somehow paid for driver's training practice hours, which I assume was in order to keep my parents from at risk while I was behind the wheel ... (joking). Finally, I had to show up to test at the Department of Motor Vehicles for the written to receive my permit then the practical (twice) to earn the final license.

And, there was the gasoline, insurance and maintenance items like oil and filters that were newly my responsibility.

So, should I also be grateful for my parents' ability to show their love -- allowing me that big step forward toward future independence -- by experiencing responsibility? Well, of course!

© Copyright 2013 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796732-Challenge-Accepted