*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796737
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#796737 added November 3, 2013 at 7:46pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 49: Brad - Full Circle
“So he just came out of nowhere?” Brad asked. He and Monica were walking back towards the mess hall at a rushed pace.

“Yes, Brandon said he just pushed the main gate open and nearly caused the camp to get overrun.” Monica said, hurriedly.

“How’d he stop the horde?”

“He had Andrew’s group cover him while he ran to close the gate. Apparently they did a really good job too.” Monica said, a hint of impressiveness in her voice.

“Well, maybe he was right about training the kids after all. And he’s not back yet, right?”

“Nope, he’s still out on that stupid mission… I really hope he comes back.”
“Yeah, me too.” Brad said, solemnly as they arrived at the mess hall. They arrived to find Brandon speaking to the drifter who seemed to be acting rather… strange out in front of the mess hall. His actions were gathering an ever growing crowd of spectators.

“Sir, just calm down and we can get you the supplies you need.” Brandon said, hands outstretched. The drifter was erratically stumbling around, almost drunkenly.

“No, no. I am calm. You. You stay calm.” The drifter exclaimed. Brad approached the situation and put his hands on his hips.

“What’s going on here?” Brad asked. Brandon turned to look at Brad and the drifter calmed himself down and gazed at him.

“He’s being creepy!” A young girl in the crowd shouted.

“He’s not listening to Brandon.” A counselor yelled.

“Brandon, what are you trying to do here?” Brad asked.

“I’m just trying to tell this guy that if he’s calm and patient we can give him some supplies for him and his friends and then they can be on their merry way, but he just keeps acting so… weird.” Brandon said, the drifter began to stumble around again, flailing his arms. Brad sighed and began to walk towards him.

“Listen, buddy, I know you want some supplies and stuff but you need to…”

BANG
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796737