*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797067-As-sweet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#797067 added November 6, 2013 at 8:09pm
Restrictions: None
As sweet
I'm noticing I'm not very personable in my choices as I share those things for which I am grateful. I know I could mention my family and my friends, even my pets. I guess I'm often trying to be clever and, so once again, I choose to select just something that I noticed today -- my sense of smell. I am grateful to have one that detects much better than some I know.

Today, I warned someone in the break room that the toaster seemed to be scorching their toast. I can usually tell if the car is a quart low on oil. I even tossed the leftovers that were going on their third day as available lunch; it just smelled a bit off. I hope that it is my sense of smell that has helped me be that much more appreciative of life and all its stages.

When I was a young high schooler, I volunteered on occasion at the local convalesent hospital. That was one of my first times learning to manage around overpowering smells. It literally was the disenfectant that was masking everything. I truly hated the smell, It always hit me when the doors first slid open -- but I did not let it stop me. People received just that little bit of joy by having someone come to visit and be cared for by someone just passing through rather than the medical personnel.

I also know that I do really gross things as a mom -- things that impact the sense of smell. I guess that brings me to a strong constitution I can be proud of too; not every member of my family can handle what I can.

© Copyright 2013 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797067-As-sweet