*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797192-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#797192 added November 8, 2013 at 9:17pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
I've been having some trouble getting in here again. Not anything bad, just so busy with work and then writing for NaNo. I'm moving right along with my novel, I'm at 20,000 words now.

I see there are some already close to done, and one finished already. I wonder how anyone can have 50,000 or more words written, and a story out of it in six to seven days. Maybe if they don't do anything but sleep, eat and work on the story. Even so, my imagination takes longer than that to fabricate the story.

Oh well, they must have some secret I don't know about yet. I don't think I want to know, I just need to stay focussed on what works for me, and as long as I can enjoy writing, I know I'm doing it right.

Back home and I even remembered to get back in here. I had a fair day, but I'm still pretty sore. Yeah, sore from writing. My arms, shoulders and neck especially. Your probably thinking, you need to sit different and adjust the keyboard so you don't hurt from typing. Your right, this is important, especially when typing for long periods of time.

I already made the adjustments, though. I'm glad I did, too, or I would be twice as sore. I knew I would have to have a better setup than my lapboard for the computer, and my desks are not much good. My work desk is too high and too small. Besides, I use it for work and that would be counter productive to creativity.

I do have a desk for writing, too. but again it's not the best set-up. It's an older style computer desk, and it's huge. Only, the tray for the keyboard broke off many years ago. It doesn't matter since I use a laptop computer now, but the problem is, the top of the desk is again, too high. I have two portable laptop platforms, one flat and one that tilts. These would be better suited, but they are rather small and leave no room for notes.

Also, I would be sitting in a recliner more than likely if I used them, and that has me to relaxed to work. So, I gave it some thought, and it came down to two options, buy a netter desk, which I can't afford right now, or use the writing table. My wife as a nice writing table she uses for sketching and, well writing. No she is not a writer in that sense of the word, she draws and paints.

Anyway, the writing table is adjustable in highth and the top can be angled from flat to steep. it works great, and with my adjustable office chair, comfort and workability combine to make writing go smoothly.

There is also ample room for notes and I even put an erasable board up to keep notes on. I have a small heart shaped table along side for water and coffee, my cup warmer since it would get cold waiting for me to drink it, and good lighting.

So the soreness is not from anything other than sitting for hours and typing, writing, and thinking my story.

Now, I'm going to go relax before my fingers cramp.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797192-Friday